• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins-Yankees

Big Tom

My son and I made a sign for the game today that summed up his feelings on a few things he hates... He got on MLB Network, MLB.com, Pioneer Press and the AP. All the ladies in the stadium were LOVING him. He was soaking it all up!

AP101007122977KadenTwinsPlayoffsAPPhoto1

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great photo and love your pride for your twins. However, besides the missed strike 3 call by the ump that costed the twins the series, it's over. Can't blame the yankees for doing anything to dispute they are a better team than us. Top to bottom. My only twin going in that was better pos. by pos. was Mauer and jorge at 39 kicked his butt in the 2 games. They spend, they earn, they win. Cant' say that about alot of teams. The only way we change this trend is if the Wilfs own this team. The Smith/Pohlad (ick) group closed the gap, but ain't gonna happen.

So

Sometimes I wonder what the point is to be a twins fan. It's pretty much impossible to get past the high dollar teams. The season is over before it starts. One goal= win series. No chance of winning series =no point in wasting time.

It's like the movie Ground Hog day, but the Twins will never figure out how to beat the Yankees.

And Major League- only instead of the Indians, its us. We need a Ricky Vaughn. Now I know what it is like being a Detroit Lions fan when they play us.

Ya the ump missed that strike, but about 2 pitches prior to that, he called a strike on one 6" outside. Let's face it folks, the yanks are just a better team, period. Look at the lineup, pitching, coaching.

Twins still had a good year, they are like the "common man" the best of the lousiest, and the lousiest of the best.

I gotta think there is a little part of Mauer thinking "what if" right now wink

Plain and simple, the Bombers are a better team.

There is no letdown in that team, every single person that pitches or steps up to the plate has the ability to drive another nail in.

The best thing we could do is boycott baseball in every form until they stop teams like the Yankees from ruining the game with their spending

That is exactly how I feel !

Bud is letting them ruin the sport and he is such a knob that he can't even or won't fix it. You only have to look at the NFL and see that they got it right.

Just think if we were in the AL east just how bad we would stink.

They should also go back to playing a balanced schedule and have teams like the Yanks come here on the weekend once in a while.

i cant wait till bud it out of baseball he is letting his personal feelings keep pete rose out of the hall, then there was the whole stopping the all star game with a tie one year, making the all star game winner get home field in the world series and him letting the yanks do what they do

Yes, The Yanks spend whatever they like and then beat them all. If one looks at the line up, all they have is players with numerous gold gloves and all star apperance's.

If Philly gets to the World Series, I do believe they have the pitching and the power to stop the Bronx's Bombers.

I had to chuckle yesterday when Jeter struck out. He stood there and smiled. He knows, in the end he or another will burn the Twins. They are that good with a team full of all stars at every position.

Yes, but 27 total is better by far than anyone.

I believe it was only a few years ago and that Yanks and the Twins were playing the first play off game. It was an interview with Sid at WCCO. George said that he did go over the salary cap but he had to pay the overage back to the other tams in equal amounts. He laughed and said the salary cap does not work as owners like Pohland simply puts that money in his back pocket and never uses it for the team.

Now, that is what George stated. Bud S has to change that or the Yanks will continue to do what they do.

Not crying, just tired of the same ol.

The yanks are not a better team by my definition of a better team. They are however one heck of a clutch team, which is why they are the only team in the AL that has a chance against Philly. When the yanks need to score, they do. when the twins need to score, they strike out on a high fastball, or hit into a double play.

That's a small chance. Philly looks ridiculous right now.

Cuddy sounded outright dejected after the game last night "They've got our number." Yeah, that's an understatement.

I honestly thought Pettit would be his regular season self last night. Not his post season self... 19 wins now in post season play. that's pretty respectable.

I'm not going to blame this on selig, or whine about salary caps or instant replay in baseball. Pavano made a mistake and the yanks don't let you live with mistakes.

there have been years where the yanks bought the title but disagree that this year is that way. sure they've got some guys at the top of their salary scale that make way too much but they've also got players at the middle and bottom of their salary scale who are playing big for them while we've not got a single player that you can really say has played well.

twins just for whatever reason are intimidated by them and play poor baseball whenever they play the yanks. starts at the top with gardy and trickles right on down to most of the players and they make decisions and mistakes that they don't make when they play the white sox, tigers, etc. Read somewhere that yankees are 0 - 4 in the last however many division series when facing someone other than twins. we all know their record when they face the twins. rangers and rays have lower payroll than the twins and they did just fine against the yanks this year.

not sure how to fix it but think it starts at the top. it ain't over but sure doesn't look good. hope I'm wrong but am expecting twins season to end tomorrow unless gardenhire (aka potentially soon to be known as baseball's version of marty schottenheimer) can figure out a way to light a spark in this team that has been missing ever since they clinched.

Cliff Lee. Our ace may be Liriano but there are only about 12 true aces in baseball or A+ pitchers, we have several A- pitchers.

That may be true but the lack of hits at key times really killed us in game 1 and the lack of hits by the entire team in game 2 caused us to lose.

Hard to hit true ace pitchers consistently or they somehow have that intangible to get out of the inning. Sure Pettite isn't so much an ace anymore but who has more experience in the post-season on the hill compared to him and he also has and had all 4 of his pitches working last night, I doubt the Valencia's of the world put much fear into the yankee rotation. We are pretty good at beating on our own division and the west unless king felix, an ace is going but with the AL east we seem overmatched a bit, NY,Bost,Tor,Rays.

The Yankee's buy the world series every year.

Oh wait the Yankee's have won ONE world series in the last 11 years.....never mind...

smile

There's NO crying in baseball....carry on!

That just shows how poorly the Yankees are run compared to the Twins. Yankees have the talent to win it every year. The twins never do, yet they win the weakest division in baseball all the time.

In all honesty you guys didn't really think the Twinkies were going to do anything this year did you? Same song and dance every year with a cheap skate owner.

Really not correct to call them cheapskates anymore. Payroll has gone up considerably and no longer close to lowest. Much higher than rays and rangers.