• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

10yd pins

Not that it is a really big issue, but why do people have them. I am not picking on anyone. Just a question as lately as I have been seeing some post and people shooting i hear alot of a ten yard pin.

Just a quick poll- Do you have a 10yd pin and why???

I start at 20yds- I shoot a matthews hyperlite at #70

My wife shoots #52's and there is not need for one either.

I have a 10 yard pin and it is basically the same as my 20 yard pin, I am wanting to adjust it so I have 20,30,and 40, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

For the bow I have now, a 10 yard pin isn't necessary, on my old bow, it was more of a factor.

I have and use a 10 pin. For very steep tree stand shots at deer under 10 yards, if you put your 20 pin where you want to hit, you'll hit him high every time. Practice it, you'll see.

After missing one with all those dang pins in my sight-line and confusing me at the crucial "heat of the moment" I have gone to a single pin. I also hunt pretty thick stuff so a shot beyond 25 or 30 yards isnt really possible. pace off the distance from your stand and mark the diameter on the branches with a few ribbons, when they get inside your "circle" and in a lane you can shoot.

I like to keep it simple as its hard to think clear with your knees shaking and heart pumping so hard you think it might pop out of your chest.

1 pin for me!

I don't need to try and figure out which pin to use when you should be releasing your arrow. You should know the distances where the deer will be in you're shooting lanes and hold you're pin accordingly.

Like what was said, practice, practice, practice!

I have and use a 10 pin. For very steep tree stand shots at deer under 10 yards, if you put your 20 pin where you want to hit, you'll hit him high every time. Practice it, you'll see.

I totally agree Don and thats why I use a pendulum sight. Takes care of those issues.

I shoot 1 pin set at 20. In all of my years of bow hunting I believe the longest shot I have taken was 35 yards except for out west.

Then I use a 3 pin sight set for 20-35-50.

15, 30, and 50.

The 15 and 30 cover everything out to 40 yards without the clutter of other pins. With my bow, if the deer is at 20, I frame it with the 15 and 30 yard pins and have nothing but net to the vitals. It's sure fire for me.

The 50 is for exceptional situations but I practice it as much as any other yardage.

20,30,40,50,60,70 and the sight bubble at 80. I practice all the way out. I used to have a 10yd pin but after getting used to the 20yd pin I am fine with up close. Speaking of that I need to get out and practice from my deer stand again one of these days. Close to the tree shots can be a bugger if you don't practice them.