• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snow storm and deer movement?????

MUSKY18

With this big storm breathing down our necks tomorrow night, what will this do to the deer movement in front of it? Will they be more apt to get out and eat/move around before they have to hunker down to wait the storm out?

Bitter cold & wind following this thing on Saturday. If I had a good spot picked out close to a food source, I'd go in today or tomorrow and setup a blind and put a support stick in the middle to hold it up. Enjoy the holidays with family for a few days and head back out Saturday night and Sunday to your toasty, camouflaged blind.

They will be out feeding as much as they can before the storm hits hard and then will lay low during the worst of the storm. As soon as the storm breaks they will be out right away feeding again. Cant wait I come home tomorrow night and have 10 days off so I will be hard at it until it closes.

Without a doubt especially with fairly nocturnal deer now here's your chance. I'd be out today and tomorrow and once things pass the deer will then go on a major mission for food as well. Seems like it's been years to get something brewing during rifle season. Good Luck and these pre-storm temps will let you hang in there much longer.

It was snowing here in sw minnesota yesturday. I went out and got my 1st shot of the year at a huge 10 0r 12 point. we did a drive and the thing ran right by me. I got it to stop at 12 yards broadside but behind a tree of course. got what I thought was a good shot off as it took off again-- fast walk.. Hit nothing but the snow behind him. 2 minutes later a doe came by and i grunted and it stopped at 10 yards. this time my relaese froze shut... o well... 1st year in 20 years i have not got a deer. maybe next year as i dream of the buck i missed. Seen 40 plus deer in a couple hours

I agree. Hunt hard before the storm and during the early parts of it. Man I have seen tons of deer feeding,moving around as the storm hits... I can't get out until Thursday morning though but I have a few spots in mind between feeding/bedding areas.......

I had a doe and fawn come in about 20 yards from me. Never heard a thing because of the snow. I was about to pack it in to go to a family Christmas when they came in. I got a little excited, moved fast and they busted me once the wind gusted. Thats it.

Sat for three hours yesterday, man it was tough strong wind and cold. I only saw one fawn beded down 30yrds from me then got up and came within 5 feet from the base of the tree. she caught a small amount of my scent but could not tell what i was. too bad it wasn't a adult doe. the cool thing was that i hung the stand that morning, I will have to get out sat or sun i have a real good fealing that i will be able to connect on one from this stand.

spot is between edge of woods and a cornfield that the deer have been feeding in for 1-2 weeks. I have bumped them from the field but they always come back. I can't beleive it. these deer are really really hungry to come back to this spot.

They were sure moving last night. Saw four last night got two but could only recover one. Snow was getting too heavy and we had to give up were afraid we would lose our tracks way it was coming down. On way out saw a lot of tracks they were bedding in the swamps coming out to feed.