• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter 2010 Icefishing Reports and Ramblings

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am all set now. I talked to Zecca last nite and he told me what the secret lure that the ganderman is pushing. Maybe I can start catching fish when I get up there.

If that's the case Tank I'll take all those tungsten jigs you bought last season winklaugh

I am all set now. I talked to Zecca last nite and he told me what the secret lure that the ganderman is pushing. Maybe I can start catching fish when I get up there.

Please Please let me know because I cant catch fish there to save my life, only RICK the *ICK can and I NEED TO KNOW THE LURE please help

Hopefully DC can reproduce them and set up a tailgate shop at the boat launch and make a fortune smirk

Good job on the awesome fish Tank and Billy. Seems like the conditions are optimum for walking and catching down South.

Take care and be safe!

AW

Hopefully DC can reproduce them and set up a tailgate shop at the boat launch and make a fortune smirk

AW

Now thats a good idea crazy With all my spare time i'll make tons of jigs, blab all over the internet about them, then sell them at the boat launch! Or get a part time job at G Mtn...

As long as King and Tank get these jigs so they can actually catch fish, the world will be fine...

Keep your shoes on in the house...

Been pretty much flat on my back for over a week with a bad cold, trying to keep it from getting even worse. Feeling much better but not out of the woods yet. Sucks big time. Did get my offset handle for my Strikemaster(finally). Too much snow! Hope to hook up with you all soon.

Hit Chaumont bay with AW ,Jacob, and a couple more today,a gazillion dinks!No joke wow it was like Lake Moraine on steroids with a 2mile walk! Great fishing with you guys today.

Aw- you left your Nils in the back of the truck, ill try to get it to you before the season is over wink! Jake and I are gonna hit tusc. in the AM and try the new frabill out.

Fished with Kyle today down in Tully and it was slow. The lake we were on only had 2 inches of black ice and the rest was snow and slush. We would drill a hole and in no time at all there would be 3 inches of water around the hole from all the weight of the snow/slush. Kyle did get a nice gill and sunfish but that's it, I did see a HUGE school of gills, sunfish, perch and crappies but they didn't stick around long enough for any action. Thinking about hitting the ice tomorrow in the afternoon, I really hate this snow because it makes walking and dragging a real pain in the arse. Doug, if you want to fish text me. I heard yellow tape is still on fire and heard another spot near me is on fire also with some nice sunfish and crappie but it's not for the amateur and you need to bring you battle cry just in case you need to kick some arse... LOL It's not that bad if you know what you're doing......

Fished Tusc. 8-12 yesterday and 745-130 today. Made a trail in 6-8" of snow and 4" of slush yesterday and found a slow bite for the 2 of us. Fished and moved most of the morning to find that dark colors seemed to be the trick when the active fish came thru. Bout a dozen perch between the 2 of us all running 9-10". Today was a similar slow bite for me atleast. Found the trail we made yesterday almost frozen solid making for a much better walk. Watch out if you get off the trail tho eek. Fished same area today but wasnt alone. Several others there when I got there and everyone was holding pretty tight. Small and bright seemed to work on the loners which were few and far between. Had one big school come thru but only managed 4 out of the group. First three came up easy but the fourth one got into my second line and the transducer and created a new job for about 10 minutes of untangling. mad. I ended up with 6 average perch today which I donated to a gentleman and his kid that were fishing near me. All in all was a great day weather wise. Nice and crisp this am at -3 degrees when I pulled up and NO wind smile.

Yellow tape slush is tightening up nice, fish cooperating also smile

Sorry I missed you today...Timmy and I went to visit Kappy for a while today!

Kappy...you came through with the Secret Cando Lure cry Thank you soooooomuch for hooking us up wth the real "Old School" leftovers secets. Can't thank you enough for your hospitality.

Jay and Tank,(The Ladies as well) what can I say...awesome houes with a warm and comfortable family. Great Grub and great to talk with the Takster.

Take Care and be Safe smile

Really enjoyed our visits down south and like Doug said it was terrific.

Kappy that barn was cool and the animals and the horses. I was wishing amanda could see this, very nice. Thanks for the swilldoggers, very much appreciated ... Let me know when you have no slush? winklaugh

Thanks for the hospitality Jay!! The Chili and Salsa were the best I have ever eaten, bar none. Dad's garden vegetables must have been the main ingredient wink Next time I will definitely have more time to visit. Next time Jay won't have to run around cooking, paint jigs, fight funk don't think he got a chance to sit down more than a few minutes.. He's the man!

When I got back to Rome we went and brought the baby to Karen's baby sitter in Frankfort and then to the hospital. Karen's doing great and they moved her after the initial 24 hours to a recovery room and she's sore but feeling better by the hour. The doctors were very good and they assured me that her heart was not bruised which was a main concern. The broke breast plate was sustained we believe when the air bag deployed in her head-on crash Saturday morning. She was very lucky it could have been much worse. I can tell you that the 94 LeSabre protected her well.

Karen will not be able to carry the baby for the next couple weeks while she is recovering. So I suspect many trips to Ilion in the evenings guys or Heather is talking about staying with her through Monday after she's released from the hospital.

Chit Happens as the saying goes and in reality we as a family have been lucky through the years.

I'll keep you posted.. BTW I am looking for another vehicle again cry!

You guys are more than welcome and it was good seeing you. Tim bring the family down sometime in the spring and i'll get the bigger ones out on horses and the grand kids on a pony. Good luck with the car search and sorry to hear about your daughter but glad to know all is going to be good in time.

Doug.. Hope you shared a couple of those jigs with Jay whistle

Tim,

very sorry to hear about the accident and injury but glad to hear she's ok! If I can be of any help...Feeling human again so I'll be getting moving. As far as the car goes, I've got a couplle friends in the biz if you ever want to hit the auction.

Jay,

still have all that rod gear for you. Let me know when you want to hook up. Like to get it to you and not worried about anything,, if you know what I mean.

Hope to be on the ice soon! Thermmostat went on the car and it's just too cold to do it myself after being so sick. Oh well. Can't wait to try out the offset handle!

Sometimes if your careful Ray, you can unstick a thermostat with a couple raps with a rubber mallet.

Yeah it's going to be very interesting to find a car when I only have about $1500 to work with.. My mom is going to help out too so I can probably go to $2500 tops. Were looking for a diamond in the the rough...