• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter 2010 Icefishing Reports and Ramblings

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the wife out for some of the hot perch action. By our fourth move we were into the fish and it was game over as we fairly quickly picked up a real mess of keeper perch. Fished from 8am-12pm, again the sizes ranged from 9-12". Will try to beat that 12" mark tomorrow. I know the big girls are hiding somewhere. Missed the hot walleye bite tonight as it was Christmas and the company left later than I hoped. Took a bunch of really nice pictures with the fish and the wife's new IDI Arctic Gear also it was the first run with her new Marcum LX5 we picked up last spring from reeds. DSC00438.jpg

Tim what can I say you and your wife gave me the updates on ice until you found what you were looking for. wink She looks very happy and on Christmas day outstanding. cool I know you did try to keep that flurry of fresh fish in line but with all that flopping it was near impossible. Thanks for sharing.. Todd I'll call you in a little bit. To much wine, Wii, and watching my grandaughter while the ladies played cards after dinner. Great Christmas!

I made it out for the last 1.5 hours tonight and ended up with 2 Waldos hooked. The first that was landed was 19" and the 2nd one was a tad smaller and would not cooperate facing my 4" Nils hole mad This was on Lake #2 in Madison County. I have caught more Walleyes from this Lake than Jumbos. I am on a personal mission to crack the code on Marbles this year. It is the only species that eludes me more than not crazy

Take care and be SAFE!!!

Thanks for the invite and the phone call Lee cool

I will be at the Mnich household at 7am prompt. I look forward to a great morning picking some Sleeper Pannies. The pictures from last years adventures will have me singing the "Figgy Pudding" song in my sleep.

See you in a few hours my friend...we shall have an August West Plastic vs. the CNYLee Meat Showdown whistle

BTW...you moderators need to know nothing after my Edit...Lurkers whistle

Timmy got side tracked after the email I sent. Went South yesterday working 2 prime bluegill areas in the shallows over pretty hard (drilled about 40 holes) in 3 hours. We didn't have much to show for it just a few keeper gills, freshwater grouper (rockbass) and a ton of dink pumpkinseeds. My buddy however did manage this big 14" surprise DSC00447.jpgand I broke off a nice 12-13" perch darn 2lb test and shallow water perch.

Around 10:30 we headed out deep in search of those slobbos. Again we drilled a ton of holes and worked over an area about 1 miles long and a couple hundred yards wide (I finished the day north of the LC).Ended up with 13 keeper perch from 10.5-12.5" and threw back around 15 from 9"-10.5".As always there were fish (dinks) in every hole. Can't think of too many holes we drilled that we didn't catch at least one fish out of. My two buddies had similar results. This was the 12.5" DSC00456.jpg

Its back to the perch slaughter grounds today around 1pm. They were there all day yesterday so hopefully they still are today.

King this is getting monotonous! gringrin Once again, some pretty darn nice fish, Don't you ever have a bad day? Think I know the southern zone of whence you speak, surprised by the lack of blues (maybe they were just shut down) not surprised by that impressive crappie. We never caught numbers in that area but the few we did catch were very impressive buggers.

Nice fish, continue the hard work. May be able to make it down tomorrow morning. Gonna try the deep flats where I picked up a few nice ones a week or so ago.

Here's a couple of shots with NO special effects, the fog was thick with the sun coming up.

12272009D.jpg

12272009C.jpg

12272009E.jpg

12272009B.jpg

This will get deleted but fish are fish and when they are on the ice they are nice... LOL

12272009A.jpg

I wanted to stay but Doug and Al left and I was the only one out there and after checking the temp on my phone it said it was 41 out, the sun broke the fog around noon and you could here the top of it cooking. That usually doesn't bother me but with only 2 1/2 to 5" of ice I wasn't going to push it alone.

Tank and I had a good time on a new lake today. A buddy got us permision on a private 110 acre lake. We didnt set the world on fire but fished a half day and ended up with 26 big perch up to 13 inches. We covered not quite half the lake with about 50 holes. Most holes were empty or had dinks.

My first fish was this 13er!

027ok.jpg

I was walking over to dad to get the auger when he hooked a pig. I had time to get the camera out and get some footage...

Very nice reports and pictures everyone. Today three of us ran out on the ice from 1:30pm-4:00pm the fish were pretty picky most of the time but we ended up keeping 47 perch between 9" and 12". Lots of dinks again as always and sorry no pictures today. We were going to try for wallaye but with the short amount of time we had we decided to go for the sure thing.

This week's fishing will be hit or miss as I need to get some work done. Most of my fishing for the week will consist of about 2 hrs 7am-9am of fishing. Still haven't decided the what and where. Looks like the next 2 days are going to be cold and windy.

Nice reports guys, enjoyed that video Jay and Tanks custom ice rod slaying that nice jumbo perch. Talked to Dougy, Joe, Todd and texted with Freddy and Jay today. Looks like the ice is holding up nice with this lousy warmup. Looking forward to hitting the lake next weekend.

Fished this morning on a small lake before work. Fished from 8am-9:30 am caught about 50 dink perch and one 7" pumpkinseed. Since our time was limited we were running and gunning, we ended up drilling about 20 holes covering a decent amount of area in a very short time. Although we didn't any keepers it was fun to try someplace different. Tomorrow mornings spot is still up in the air going to be windy and cold. Will probably only go out for an hour or 2 again.

Fished the perch pond this morning from 7:00 to 11:00. Some light snow on the ice easy walking but the wind was pretty brutal. crazy Started off slow with a bunch of small ones moved three times before I hit paydirt. grin Pretty steady action with the usual dink attacks to deal with. Ended up with 20 nice ones some of which were definitely slammers. Could have easily limited but the 20 were more than enough for what I needed. Wanted to get a "group" photo but conditions made it just about impossible. Got a picture of a couple in the shelter will try to post them tomorrow. Clearly my best day of the season and the nicest fish of the year.

I hit my Waldo spot before dark this morning and got nothing by 45 min into daybreak. I then backed out to the Perch Grounds and proceeded to put the "Smack Down" on some Monster Jumbos. I stopped keeping fish after 30. The smallest was 9.5" and the largest was a touch under 13" and there were plenty of those (13"'ers) wink I also got a 10" Waldo around noon to put a smile on my face laugh It was like a great day on 'Darago!!! I only fished 2 holes to boot! Al ended up with close to 10 Jumbos as well.

I will post pics on your yahoo accounts tomorrow...after I get back on those 2 marks. The pressure systemm is going to be identical, so It will be another Jumbo Fest cool

Take care and be safe!!!