• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter 2010 Icefishing Reports and Ramblings

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thunder...I hit that spot that you were inquisitive about for Callies. Set up around 3pm and got some dandy 'Gills and 'Seeds. About half hour before Dark Thirty...first Callie came in strong and nailed the Glow Red Catty jig. This happened several times over the next 45 minutes whistle

Needless to say Thunder...it was well worth staying to see if the Callies were in. They weren't huge (8.5"-11") but they were thick. Your cousin Baldy was fishing side by side with me until the Callie explosion. He left with a pail of G&S's.

I am off to another Lake in the AM...be safe everyone and remember, Safety first...always wear shoes in the house!

Another fine report AW. I had to upgrade your sweatshirt to an XXL because of the wash shrink factor.. You will see what I mean after you wash it. Guys when you order on-line I suggest you size up on the sweatshirts.

Timmy - nice bow, haven't caught many out of that pond, but the few you get generally are big. We caught a few a number of years ago within about 1/2 hour of each other. Funny how you remember certain things, but they were 17 1/2" and 17 1/4". For the heck of it I looked it up on my fishing calendars and that was exactly the sizes I recorded that evening.

Kirkville some real nice pics and fish.

Unfortunately no reports to post. Last time I was out was on day one of this New Year. Dealing with some back issues so I won't be fishing this week or perhaps for a while. Hope to join you guys out on the ice in the not so distant future.

On the good side, if you have to be "laid-up" (easy Todd, no wiseass remarks grin )I guess I picked a good time to do it with all the snow and slush conditions we will probably have to deal with on the hard water.

Good luck guys.

Sorry to hear about the back problems Dave. Rest is the ticket.. Let me know when your feeling up to going back out and I will see what I can do. You could carry my hopper pail and I'll pull your shanty no problem.

The hardest thing about rainbows is getting them out from underneath the bottom of the hole. That P-line back and forth did it's job..

I fished Yellow Tape this morning. I got to the top of the hill with all my gear in the Trap and looked down to the Lake. 18" of snow with a shanty path going out full of footprints with SLUSH mad

I turned around and put the Trap back into the Pathfinder and proceeded on to the Lake with 4" Nils, 1 Rod, a scoop and my LX-3. It was still a biatch to get out there. I caught plenty of nice phat 'Gills, 1 Bass and 1 Perch.

I don't know how the guys with the 2 man's got through the day and even worse than the drag out, is the drag back after being on the ice all day.

Take care and wear your shoes in the house cool

Thunder - not sure what some good diner food would do for an aching back - but sure as hell know what it would do for an aching front shockedshocked.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, hope to be out there somewhat soon but based on AW's report I'm not missing much in terms of lousy conditions. In terms of fish, thats another story as it sounds like he got some nice ones.

Haven't updated the trips in awhile so here it goes

1/1/10 fished my buddy's pond 3-5pm as he had a little get together. Caught about 15 gills to 9" and around 10 crappie to 11". DSC00469.jpg

Been hitting some bluegill beds before work on

1/2/10 11:15am-12:15pm 8 keepers 3 throwbacks.

DSC00470.jpg

1/3/10 9am-10am 2 keepers 3 throwbacks lost a big rockie at the hole and saw a 2-3lb largemouth.

DSC00472.jpg

1/4/10 11:15am-12:15pm 5 keepers 1 lost at hole 1 throwback and saw another large bass

DSC00476.jpg

1/5/10 8:30am-10:30am 12 keepers 3 throwbacks saw a huge crappie. Biggest so far this year at 9 1/2"

DSC00481.jpg

About 70 hours of work left between now and the 15th after that I should beable to travel around smile

Nice fish King!

Lee - A sled maybe but the wheeler would be useless right now...

PMan - Hope your back at it soon!

This whole house has been infected with the Crotch Pheasant Crud. Everyone is hacking, coughin, and draggin butt bigtime. I got out of bed to make some soup this afternoon, then back to bed. Got up at 7pm to eat some soup then I had to go into work for a bit. Now it's time for a batch of nyquil... sicksleepsleep

Hope you feel better and heel quick...the fish seem to have what the Endicott Pheasants have..."the crawlin' crud"

If Tank is still up for a local guide trip...tell him to call, all is good to go whistle Billy as well!!!!

Take care and always wear shoes in the house. I just want to be inside you crysickcrysick

Jay tried to call you yesterday my phone was messed up at work.. Rosa's taking a 1/2 day off today because she is not feeling well. I think her's is sinus related she just can't seem to shutoff the nose faucet. Ice reports I receved yesterday were spotty and dragging was absolutely horrible, thinking snowshoes, ice hopper and auger will do the trick.

Still working on finding Heather a car the neighbors Focus needs about a 1K of work and we lowered our offer from 3K to $2500 if they are ok with it Heather is going to to buy the car today if not were still looking. As a Dad I believe the car is worth 2K tops but will see.. King I'll check the pics out when I get home..

I called in today myself, I had a sinus migraine so bad for most of the day that I threw up a couple of times because the pain was so bad.

All we need now is a couple of 50 degree days or 80 mph winds to blow the snow off the ice... LOL

Sorry to hear about the Sinus Infection, Lee!

I have bad alergies on a daily basis and it stinks!!!

Hope you get better soon...well, at least we do...not the fish laugh

This weather is a bummer...but the fish are biting!

Take care and be safe!!!

AW

AW - is right I can't recall the last time I talked to Doug without him being sinussed up, my wife too, Lee and the DC family family funk.

Must be the weather, we had freezing rain I believe for a little while after dinner last night, that was kinda weird.. Going to be be super cold here Saturday 9 degrees for a low.

Talked to CNY Bruce he was on the sm. side yesterday getting some ring rust off. Bruce called last night said there 8" to 14" of snow, tough drag and no slush an 6-7" of good black ice. Not a fisherman in sight...

Bruce has come out of retirement to help his brother in their effort to keep the Polish Home from closing. cool I'll have to get Bruce's bar keep schedule wink

Frank - I missed our trip to the home, still in car mode for Heather but we made progress last night after work.

Jimmy - Sorry I had to jet so fast on the way out yesterday. Looked at a couple of cars after work and hopefully a few more this evening..

Stevo - Good talking with you..

Z- - You wanna take care of TT on Friday? I'll give ya shout..

Bill and I had fun on a PA lake today. Kept a good meal of perch and gills. Ice was 10 in of black with 1 to 3 in of snow on top. I think we will be going south to fish because of the bad ice conditions up north.