• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter 2010 Icefishing Reports and Ramblings

Way to go Tank and Boys...notice I said "boys", because anyone that fishes next to Tank...is a Boy cry

I found some Jumbos today as well whistle Local Madison County body of water. With all the rain, I decided to head a little shallower near some fresh incoming water and found some serious Jumbos in 15' of water. My normal 25' GPS spot didn't show any signs of action, so I made a deduction and it payed it's dividends wink

This spot should only be HOT for another day or two before the Perch disperse back into their normal mid-winter shuffle. I am back to work tomorrow, but will be back to "said" spot Sunday morning for a Jumbo Jam cry

Anyone in? Just kidding...no one will find me shocked Except Tank...he knows how to fish with real men!!!

Take care and be safe!!!

AW

I am possibly in, depends how late of a night Saturday night is. I am going Sunday in some way, shape or form!

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tank - You starting to like that shallow water action huh? grin Great seeing you, Manning and Fishingking and his tip-up brigade he was very busy!

I stuck with the gills and they were dandies plus a nice 5lb. largie, rockies and mostly small perch. Great fishing with you guys I am probably going back again Saturday. Breakfast is worth the trip alone right Thunder;)

Good luck tomorrow guys, wish I could be there, but I don't think that artic air would do me any favors right now.

Thunder make sure Timmy behaves himself at the diner. If memory serves me right, he got so shook up shocked after a diner encounter last year, he buried his vehicle into a snowbank laugh .

King I didn't believe it was possible for you to have an "off day".

Good luck tomorrow guys, wish I could be there, but I don't think that artic air would do me any favors right now.

Thunder make sure Timmy behaves himself at the diner. If memory serves me right, he got so shook up shocked after a diner encounter last year, he buried his vehicle into a snowbank laugh .

whistle

Dave, I am staying local and saving some $$$ on gas. I know what you mean after Timmy leaves the diner he won't be right the rest of the day but at least he will be able to keep warm doing something in his hut its called shuffleing laughlaughwhistle.

We shuffled Saturday and the card havve been shuffled and until Oneida heats up I am staying there. In fact that's where I am heading next Saturday going deep and staying there. Splitshot and RJ are meeting me possibly for breakfast before in Richfield Springs. Gonna call Joe and get the report from him and Burky. (Salmonseeker73) Jimmy and I had some some great pickled perch and some kick a$$ veal jerky . Thank You Joe. What are you doing next Saturday? See you out there.

Jimmy and I picked 4 fish out of the shallow and 8 more deep for about a dozen perch, guys we were with did quite well. still puking white shrimp and Faso caught a dandy 14". The diner was scrumptous as usual. laugh

Sunday Todd and Donny and I fished Tusc and did a lot of walking and it was very tough to mark good fish but we caught enough small ones to keep us busy. Good cardio working that lake 4" of snow. on top and if you can keep the slush off the runner mad it will walk nicely behind you. whistlelaugh Caught a crappie, and a smallmouth on the lindy darter...

Yeah it was cold Sat. real cold but no wind and that was the key. The only thing that bothered us this weekend was the constant icing of the hand auger blades. Lotta blade beating between holes... Sunday was a bit nicer however teh wind did pick up in the afternoon.

Thunder - I think you are right on target, I suspect the same may be true for Bradley. When we fished it a number of years ago you could almost always come up with at least 10 - 20 really decent perch. I haven't fished it this year but John has and he hasn't done very well on it this year.

An informant told me that you and a friend did pretty well on the waldos today whistle . Nice job. Wanted to hook up with Tim and friends on the big C tomorrow but John has nobody to fish with so I got to try the waldo game tomorrow. Hope I can do as well as you guys did.

The big C was not very productive today. Had my worst day there in a couple of years. Tim had 6 keepers and a short day. Bill and I caught 10 keepers each. I think the weather system had something to do with the bad bite. Or we were not in the right spot. We drilled many holes shallow and deep.

I was there Sunday and we ended up with 12 keepers. All averaged 10 1/2 inches with one just going over 12, but it was skinny. Wind cut right through you and we spent most of the day in the shanty. According to our Vexilar we had a lot of lookers but no takers. The bite was tough. We fished from 30 to 40 fow.

Tank I didn't think it was possible for you and Billy to have a slow day. The bite must have been really off. I haven't had a good fish day on the big C all year, but have had some nice times out on the ice.

Sorry to miss out on fishing with you guys but I had to provide company to my buddy John. After what happened to that poor guy on Sodus, no one should be fishing alone. Oneida walleyes were tough yesterday, didn't mark many and only had one bite. Had the fish on for about 5 seconds and then gone. John somehow managed two. Would have had more fun searching for those Jumbos on the Big C, but still had a nice day.

Did a little fishing yesterday and today. Hit up the neighbors pond yesterday real quick after work but the fish were in lock-down. We picked a few fish but they had to be worked!

Today I got out of work mid-day and met up with Dad and Billy down in PA on a lake we fished alot when I was a kid. Tank took us there cuz it's and easy walk, wind protected, private and always fish to be had! Usually a numbers place with real nice fish mixed in. Today it wasnt non-stop fish, but they were quality.

When I got there Tank had these plus a bunch more...

011et.jpg

First hole for me i got a nice perch, a good crappie, and this 10in gill cool

012eh.jpg

Billy had the biggest crappie with this one over 13...

022for.jpg

Did a little fishing yesterday and today. Hit up the neighbors pond yesterday real quick after work but the fish were in lock-down. We picked a few fish but they had to be worked!

Today I got out of work mid-day and met up with Dad and Billy down in PA on a lake we fished alot when I was a kid. Tank took us there cuz it's and easy walk, wind protected, private and always fish to be had! Usually a numbers place with real nice fish mixed in. Today it wasnt non-stop fish, but they were quality.

We have a Tank Toe spotting!!!!

When I got there Tank had these plus a bunch more...

011et.jpg

First hole for me i got a nice perch, a good crappie, and this 10in gill cool

012eh.jpg

Billy had the biggest crappie with this one over 13...

022for.jpg