• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter 2010 Icefishing Reports and Ramblings

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went out on RedField Resivour friday afternoon. I tied myself to a rope connected to a shore tree and walked out bout 20 feet on the upperside of the bridge and their was 1", lol. i sat there and fished, to afraid to go out any further. Marked nothing, needed to get out a bit further...should be ready by today! i may go back up Wed night.

Hit the ice for the first time this year yesterday. Decent ice and poor fishin. 1 pickle head that wont do it again and that was it.. Nice fishin with you again Doug. Good to c you and the boys out and about Chris.. Im good for wednesday if anyone else is...

yeah lee and i got out on Sunday and met up with Doug and Chris...that was some cold wind yesterday...had the heater crankin all day! ended up catchin bout a dozen gills...good day i had fun! got to really test out the camera what a blast. I was looking on the LX-5; and watching the camera; and looking down the hole sight fishing; sometimes all at the same time, i was trippin right out! Heres the funniest thing: the only way i could hook them was with the LX-5 LOL! go figure! i was pulling it away to quick when sight fishing, and with the camera!

Comedy I can use right now, thanks Chris! Will you be near Rome at all tomorrow? I have a window from 12 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. or sometime after 5 ish?

Fished today with King and Dave and it all started with a healthy breakfast and eye candy at the diner laugh Same as yesterday as King put on a fine perching display and dispatched a limit of nice keepers by 11:30 a.m. It was a little slower for Dave and I but Dave took home a few to Momma. smile Ice was 3.25" thick and all black ice. There was a few guys out around the lake but not many. The water is way down compared to years past. Here's some pics..

Nice one Dave!

firstice001.jpg

I caught a few on this combo YBD and maki...

firstice003.jpg

The King with a couple of dandies.. Great job again Tim!

firstice005.jpg

Fished one of the bigger Madison County waters today. Solid 5 plus inches ...YES, 5 SOLID INCHES.

Sammy and I fished it yeaterday late afternoon into evening with a handful of jumbos. This evening I got one Jumbo and one Walleye at 15.25" right at dark on a Chubby. Smashed it!!!

I have found the Walleye bite on this Lake, I think.

This was the best ice I have been on in years. It was making the "Snap, Crackle Pop" song the whole time out.

"YES, 5 SOLID INCHES" AW thats the 2nd time I heard that comment today. Timmie made the same comment to someone in the diner this morning shocked.

Good time fishing with the two Tims this morning. Not too bad for my maiden voyage of the 2009-2010 season. Ended up with 7 decent fish, a couple missed or lost and a bunch of throw-backs. King put a hurtin on a bunch of nice yellows. In all fairness to Tim I stole a bunch of his fishing time as he was helping me with some equipment problems or he would have left the ice with some decent numbers. Tim a big thanks for helping me out; I really appreciated your efforts. Looking forward to our next outing.

Thunder I now know why you're so fond of the diner. The food's real good there wink

Todd thanks for the laugh.. Well got some more bad news my daughter heather had her car towed AAA from utica back last night to Rome to the midas as it was undriveable. This is the 2000 malibu. Well she has a busted frame and they noticed 3 weak stress points that weren't far behind. So basically her vehicle is trashed and not putting $2000 in for a repair that could break very easily in only a few months..

Gettiung ready to run off to the dentist with Amanda and off to get Rosa's van inspected. I'll have my cell with me.

Great fishing with you Dave will definitely do that again..

"If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all".

Sorry to hear about your bad news. Real nice Christmas present. Vehicles are always a pain in the butt, but you don't expect a frame to go on a car that is around ten years old. Hopefully you can find something decent for her that won't break the bank.

Guys were looking for a dependable car for 2-3 years under 5 K and it's tough. This guy at DC Auto (not Jay but funny) has a 2000 Toyota Rav 4, with 100,000 miles for $5455. I don't know anything about Toyotas does anyone have a Rav? Frank didin't your daughter have one?

100,000 miles is nothing for a Toyota. My cousins wife has one and loves it. Don't be afraid to buy from a private seller off HSO-Classifieds or the paper. I just bought my kid a 2001 ford escape 4x4 with 90,000 for $4,700. Fully loaded and in beautiful shape. They are out there just have to be patient and not jump to soon but I understand she also needs transportation so waiting could be tough. Seems like a good price for that Toyota. Good luck with it and sorry about your luck.

Tim,

not a bad price but do a carfax if your interested. Worth the cost. I have buddies in the biz if you need help finding something. As for Ravs and Toyota, good and reliable but it depends on maint.! Do the carfax for added comfort and safety. i just lost an injector! Merry Christmas to me.

Well were slowing down a bit today on the search.. Todd gave me a good tip to pick up a swap sheet, pennysavers and alot of internet looking. Ultimately my daughters decision but with 5K not many options dealer wise. Thanks to Freddy for recommending her grandmothers place, I'll check there tomorrow after lunch. Ray sorry to hear about the injector that stinks. I liked the Rav 4 and the guy did come down on the price but my daughter is like heck it's the same year car as the one she owns.. We could be a while..