• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stick em With a Fork!!

zepman

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all in the pitching. Shaver said Twins ERA is over six since the all star break. Not going to win many games with that, unless your lineup looks like the Yankees.

I have to believe that the pitching will return to a point. But the whole staff needs some consistency before we start putting wins in a string.

Absolutly frustrating. Mauer and morneau are having the best year of their young careers. Kubel has been having an above average year. Cuddyer is starting to play well.We made the move to get cabrera and he has been hitting the ball hard. But then we have the pitching staff, oh man i cant believe after this year they can even consider them self pro ball players. It is sad to watch the offense put up numbers that should win you games with decent pitchers, but instead the pitchers give up huge numbers.

One thing I have to laugh about is before the game they showed the Twins, Tigers and Sox remaining schedule and said the Twins have the easier road because they are playing less contending teams then the other two- then the Royals put up a 12 spot on us.

I don't think we're out yet, but I agree its not looking good. BUT i've seen crazier things in baseball which is what makes the game so great. I think the big problem is that everything got hyped up too much after last year. With slowey out for good (arguably the best pitcher on the staff at that time) and lirano not carrying over a great 2nd half last year the bullpen gets taxed too much and arms are starting to get tired now. Once our rotation matures some more I think we'll have a couple great years.

I'll be most interested in seeing if young continues to improve. He seems to be heating up a little now. I'm sure its been debated to death already, but i think he is and will be better than gomez who should still be in the minors. He was rushed in too soon just to highlight that we did get something for santana and didn't blow that too... cry

Zelmsdawg

It's NOT over! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pear Harbor?... wink

Still watching 'em though, I don't think we're going to do it this year boys, but you never know.

Pitching, pitching, pitching. We needs it.

5 games out with many left isn't out but they sure are going to have to turn it around fairly soon. I hate to admit it but almost think that them continuing their slide is the only way there is a chance that they at least consider some upgrades in the offseason.

if they keep it close it will be just like last year I'm afraid they will think that they were so close and just need a few breaks and things will turn around. A few breaks might get them the division but they would really need a ton of them to win a playoff series on the road versus the yankees or angels (actually it would probably take nothing short of a miracle to beat the yankees in a playoff series.)

Amazing how 1 loss can turn peoples thinking around. Yes we did not look good last nite, and yes we have issues with our pitching staff, however that is why they play 162 games. A lot of games left within the division. YES it is time to turn it up a notch, but like said only 5 games out.

Question, if the Twins were up by 5 games would you be worried. I would hope the answer is yes, as are the Sux and the Kitties. They are not sitting back, thinking it is all over. They know better.

Stay Upbeat, and PETER POSITIVE........

The tax payers are helping pay for a new stadium, they (Twins)could dig into their pockets a little deeper and bring in some experience for the mound.

The front office knows who stays and who needs to go. They need to swallow their pride and trim the fat that hasn't produced.

Amazing how 1 loss can turn peoples thinking around. Yes we did not look good last nite, and yes we have issues with our pitching staff, however that is why they play 162 games. A lot of games left within the division. YES it is time to turn it up a notch, but like said only 5 games out.

Question, if the Twins were up by 5 games would you be worried. I would hope the answer is yes, as are the Sux and the Kitties. They are not sitting back, thinking it is all over. They know better.

Stay Upbeat, and PETER POSITIVE........

Hate to tell you this but they've lost a few more than one game lately.

Everybody keeps talking about veteran arms needed. Most of these guys are veterans. What we need is good pitchers and most of the starting pitchers have marginal talent with no out pitches. Have you seen Baker, Blackburn, Perkins or the rest sit and try to finesse an out all the while the batter keeps fouling off pitches? These guys aren't overpowering in the least. They don't need to throw 100 mph but at least have the ability to locate a 90 mph fastball on a corner, high or low. When was the last time you saw Mauer set up one way and the pitches end up all over the place. They need to clean house and try to locate some quality young or veteran pitchers who have the ability and confidence to get people out. And while we are at it, how about a quality second and third baseman that can provide some quality at bats.

Here is the deal. This offseason they BETTER spend some money and bring in some talent to go with M&M. If they do not, I really, REALLY think they will see a significant fan backlash. As I have said before, you put a superion product on the field, I will go. If you dont, I wont. If the Twins wanna play the "it is a business" game, i will too. It is a business and until you put out a superior product or at least really try, I am losing interest.