• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

IS Cuddy worth 7.66 million??

Mudcutter

Lets just call it the Jim Edmonds approach, get a late or slow jump on the ball and then make a nice diving catch!! Same goes for Punto he makes some nice plays but like was said, how many are routine stops for other SS.

How many catches has he made falling behind backwards into the dugout, while the 3rd basemens watching the whole thing? I have seen him make several plays like that, or running down third base line in foul grounds, from the SS position

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Punto he makes some nice plays but like was said, how many are routine stops for other SS.

I'd say no higher than ZERO is the number of great plays Punto makes that other shortstops make routine!

We are now entering silly-ville in here!

College baseball players can make throws to first without the ball bouncing in the dirt half the time. He is lucky Morneau is at first or there would be errors galore.

You are really full of yourself, trying to determine when we are entering silly-ville. Get over yourself already. Punto as an overall baseball player is below average. He is a utility man at best.

See you tomorrow!

Since the thread has been hijacked, partly due to myself:

Originally Posted By: zamboni
Punto is a regular on there

1) So far this year, he has not been a regular on webgems (I don't watch ESPN, but I have watched his D and haven't seen many webgems this year).

2) Even with all of 12 RBI, he has not saved that many runs this year.

I know Harris isn't the best SS in the world, but he has been getting on base more, hitting better (more power), and playing D just as well (has a better arm too).

You can't tell me that just because Punto had a bunch of web gems LAST YEAR that he should be starting. It's about the team and so far there is someone that helps the team more than him. I see that he has had a tiny injury lately and maybe that has something to do with it.

That is all, I am done with Punto.

haha no one said Punto got the starting job because of all his web gems last year, you are over assuming!!! cool

I think that we'd all agree that he was given the starting ss position because he's the best defensive ss they have on the team and the expectation that he'd hopefully bat at least .250. That's not really a lot to ask for but unfortunately he's fallen well short of those expectations.

Punto's 2009 season is looking a lot like his previous season when he was given a full time starting position. Nobody's saying he sucks defensively but many are questioning if his defense is strong enough to override his offensive shortcomings. If he was one of the top four or five defensive ss in the league, it might be a different story.

somebody said Punto is a better fielder than Jeter, I don't agree. Jeter is getting old, in his prime, Jeter was better.

Hitting aside and i know not the point--- but find another SS that hits .315 for his career and fields like Jeter.

Cuddy making near 8 million,, and on the DL,, AGAIN.

The TWins OF other than maybe SPan, sucks.

Originally Posted By: drewski
Harris helped the twins win with a nice HR today. Hopefully he can keep it up!

not only did Harris hit a homerun...the Bullpen did a good job.

Harris has been the bright spot in that trade with the Rays

So ahhhhh, you guys forget your massive manlove for Cruddy the last couple series or what??

Seem to be a lot of 0-fers in there....wheres the love?

Last 10 Games (Season Game Log) Season to Date

Date Opponent Score AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS

Jun 10 @ OAK W 6-3 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 .267 .348 .481 .828

Jun 9 @ OAK W 10-5 5 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 .272 .354 .490 .844

Jun 8 @ OAK L 3-4 4 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 .274 .357 .497 .855

Jun 7 @ SEA L 2-4 4 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 .275 .359 .503 .862

Jun 6 @ SEA L 1-2 4 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .275 .361 .508 .869

May 31 @ TAM W 3-2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 .276 .363 .514 .877

May 30 @ TAM L 2-5 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 .277 .365 .516 .881

I forgot his qoute from the weekend. from twincites dot com

"On the bright side of things — 24 times we had chances to score (this weekend)," said stiff-upper-lip Michael Cuddyer. "That's a positive — we've got men on base."

Too bad they seem to stay there.

He forgot to say aw shucks......

We don't have any man love for Cuddy we're just refuting and pointing out how you and Sled are and have been incorrect and mis-guided "panicking" in your assessment of Cuddy.

Trust me we're just glad you and Sled aren't running the Twins...LOL

Durability and staying healthy are our biggest concerns about Cuddy and unfortunately he's letting us down in that category again which in turn is effecting his play on Field.

Carry on!... grin