• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

IS Cuddy worth 7.66 million??

Mudcutter

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth of the matter is most players are overpaid. It would be unfair to single 1 player out, saying he isn't worth it. If you want to go in that direction, start a list of overpaid players. Oh and Good Luck to ya. Finding them will not be an issue, finding enough room on the page will be the issue.

G.C.

He was when they wrote the contract.....

IMO just a tuff start to the season. Remember he missed almost half last season. Just has to get back on his feet.

Right now, NONE of out position players are worth what they are being paid. Our bats are like "fun noodles". It sure would be nice to get a stinking hit.

Is A fraud worth 30 mil a year? That is the real question. Wow do these boys make some money. I don't think any of them should be paid as high as they do.

so can everyone that takes steroids put up numbers like a-rod?

way too many sports figures get overpaid. cuddy is a good example of one but I'm sure there are worse offenders.

that being said, you've got to wonder how long he can continue to play based on his performance. I think it's safe to say that he's benefitting from being the 4th highest paid player on the team so they need to give him every opportunity to play. I can almost guarantee you that if you switched his salary with any other person on the team that plays in the o/f that he'd be riding the bench. he's not a bad player to have on the team but he's definitely not the 4th best player; only the 4th highest paid.

Originally Posted By: leechbait
Is A fraud worth 30 mil a year? That is the real question. Wow do these boys make some money. I don't think any of them should be paid as high as they do.

so can everyone that takes steroids put up numbers like a-rod?

Absolutely not! This is just my opinion, no ball player should get paid that high.

Originally Posted By: SledNeck
so, the owners should keep more money for themselves and give less to the players even though the players on the field are the product?

no, not keep it to themselves, but spend it on the right players!

Just my opinion

good point but he was saying no player "deserves" that much money.

Capitilism at it's finest. Hey look, I'm not trying to have a one on one argument with you, I stated my OPINION and you jump all over me like I just ran over your dog. Chill out, it's just my opinion, and from the sounds of it, a pretty bad one.

And I'm jealous, I don't make 7 million a year for doing what I do. That probably has something to do with it.

Capitilism at it's finest. Hey look, I'm not trying to have a one on one argument with you, I stated my OPINION and you jump all over me like I just ran over your dog. Chill out, it's just my opinion, and from the sounds of it, a pretty bad one.

And I'm jealous, I don't make 7 million a year for doing what I do. That probably has something to do with it.

I didnt jump all over anybody. I was just saying.

Baseball salaries have gotten way out of control...

the NHL is talking of lowering their salary caps.. and MLB just continues to tip theirs higher and higher..

It is breathtaking to realize a guy can sit on the bench and watch every game all season long from the best seat in the house.. play catch with a couple pitchers.. and make WAAY more then I do in a year...

sigh.... I am in the wrong business

Originally Posted By: leechbait

I didnt jump all over anybody. I was just saying.

No hard feelings or ill intentions, I know you know more about baseball than i do, i can tell from reading your posts!!!! It was more of a life statement than a baseball one on my part. But I hear what you are saying, as far as revenue goes.

Baseball should have enacted a salary cap after the strike in 94, but since they didn't and contracts have been written for umpteen years, it is too late now. That would have been the perfect time, the Yankees were a horrible team and weren't spending too much and Steinbrenner woulda probably thought it was a good idea back then.