• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

IS Cuddy worth 7.66 million??

Mudcutter

A cycle means a hitter has at least 4 hits, 3 of which are extra base hits, including a triple- which IS by MLB standards the toughest hit to get. Whats so stupid about that stat?? You still haven't answered me- if it were, noone would care, and if it were easy it would happen everyday. It doesn't.

Gomezs cycle (looking online, btw) was by standard the toughest to get- he hit the HR first, then the triple, double and ended with a single. Not many others have done it in that order.

Kubels was also a rare cycle- one of just a VERY SMALL handful that had his homer during the cycle that was a grand slam.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy said this on another site, I thought I would share at show and tell! I laughed out loud!

Re: Michael "Griddlecakes" Cuddyer

by Cripes on Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:11 pm

Lay off Cuddy, he's great in the clubhouse. Recently, he waved his magic wand and pulled another meaningless home run out of his hat. Gardy loved it!

A guy said this on another site, I thought I would share at show and tell! I laughed out loud!

Re: Michael "Griddlecakes" Cuddyer

by Cripes on Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:11 pm

Lay off Cuddy, he's great in the clubhouse. Recently, he waved his magic wand and pulled another meaningless home run out of his hat. Gardy loved it!

They're not the brightest bulbs on the tree over at Rube-chat and after that Clutch BOMB I can't wait to hear what the ROYAL DONKS have to say.. Oh wait we won't hear anything with all EGG on there faces again .... LMAO!

Cuddle that DINGER boys!

Keep on Posting Fish!! keep on Posting My Friend!... grin

tatertots130b31c.png

every perfect game pitched since there was all-star games has been by an all-star pitcher

One was against us by a very overweight and admittedly drunk guy.

Just a few years earlier, the same guy pitched for the Blue Jays against us in the ALDS and the Twins knocked the tar out of him.

Scoring system should be changed, if it is a misplay, and I do agree Dyes falling down was a misplay, then it should be a double with runner taking third on an error. But I think MLB tries to cut down on the errors on the books.

Cuddyers hit on sunday- blatant error. Abreau flat out missed that ball. Still can't believe he got a hit from that.

IMO, I don't think that was an error or a misplay by Dye. He ran hard and tried to make a great catch. On a line drive hit, you don't have much time to sit there and think about what your going to do. It's easy to say after the fact that he didn't catch the ball, that he misplayed it. He could have stopped running to catch the ball and played it off the wall, which he should have, but you don't know that until after the fact. Line drives are hard to read, no doubt.

IMO, I don't think that was an error or a misplay by Dye. He ran hard and tried to make a great catch. On a line drive hit, you don't have much time to sit there and think about what your going to do. It's easy to say after the fact that he didn't catch the ball, that he misplayed it. He could have stopped running to catch the ball and played it off the wall, which he should have, but you don't know that until after the fact. Line drives are hard to read, no doubt.

His misplay in that case wasn't him not catching it, it was him falling down. Span got third because of that, had he stayed on his feet, I think Span woulda been held to a double

I don't know. If I remember right, he fell down in an attempt to catch the ball. So, if someone accidentally falls down or slips in an attempt to catch a line drive, it's a misplay? All I know is if I'm a coach, I want my players to play aggressively. Not stupid aggressive, but definitely aggressive.

There is NO SUCH THING as a meaningless homerun. It puts a run (or more)on the board with one swing, bothers the pitcher, and usually swings momentum to that team. Now if a pitcher is use to giving up a lot of them (like Blyleven, or Ron Davis), it doesn't bother them quite so much shocked

Great move by Gardy to put Cuddy after Morneau, against lefties. Kubel isn't near as dangerous against lefties.

Just pulled up some stats:

Cuddy: 92 hr career

1 walk-off

20 tying

27 go-ahead

Morneau: 159 hr career

4 walk-off

8 tying

60 go-ahead

Obviously NOT meaningless............