• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

IS Cuddy worth 7.66 million??

Mudcutter

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I just getting old and cranky or is there something just inheirently wrong with the pay scale in pro sports?

What the bleep is anybody getting paid 7.66 mill or more to play ball. it's a game and it's play. they don't say work ball now do they? and all these little injuries that side line them they wouldn't last a season on a concrete crew or a framing crew from what I see. Let'em go work with the iron hangers for awhile maybe then they could really appreciate what the bleep a million dollars is really worth to the great unwashed out here.

My problem is I love the Twins and am going to see the friday game and am the [PoorWordUsage] that just paid 107.50 for two seats so I guess that make me part of the bleeping problem too now doesn;t it.

What happened fishgutz is the players figured out what the owners make and they wanted (and got) a bigger piece of the pie. MLB should have implemented a salary cap in 94 when they went on strike, and before AROD signed his huge contract. They blew it when they didn't.

One thing about a salary cap is most would say there would be more pairity and fairness on rosters in MLB, but thing is the Yankees (amongst others) can spend all they want- it doesn't guarantee a ring. Baseball is a sport where chemistry has to be right, and they can't figure that out. Even the Twins are starting to slip away from that a bit the last couple years. During the early 2000's, the roster was full of guys that were in the minors together and they were winning the division every year, not anymore.

Good post Zamboni. very well put.

Fishgutz77 your are not alone there. The bigger problem is 7.66 a year is nothing compared to others. A lot bigger fish in the sea, get alot more and produce a lot less, so you have to judge in your own mind and ask yourself 1 question. Is that person worth that kind of money, in the Baseball business.

salary cap isnt bad thing for the twins owners (who refuse to spend the cashola). They let the yanks throw billions away each year, the rule is (from Richard and bert) the top 5 payrolled teams have to pay royalties to the lowest 5 payrolled teams each year. and the twins usually fall into that lowest category most years. who can turn away free money!?? this benefits noone but the owners.

You're such a party [PoorWordUsage] Duff... grin

Don't worry Pier, we're still in this thing bud. Win the division and be the hot team at that time. (And also hope the Angels and Yankees planes collide somewhere over Nebraska in late September) wink

I've always understood all of the particulars to the game and the agents and deal makeing. But I've also always been at odds with that and the real value of a dollar earned.

I've just been telling myself this is still america and if people are willing to pay then "let'er Buck".

22 actually with the 400 foot bomb he just hit over the fountain!

Not to mention the GAME winning hit's in the late innings of the last 2 games....along with a great job filling in at 1st base for Morneau...

I think we can put this baby to rest!

Game, set and match!

Now back to T-Jack... grin

laugh I can hear "them" now..............but....but...but, he struck out with a guy on second...... ha. smile

I can't think of another Twin that could fill in for Morny, as well. It just took a few games to get more comfortable there, as ANYONE would. He's probably the 3rd most valuable Twin player....give him a raise. grin

Compliments for Cuddy. I like it. I think we should set up a CROW cookout for a few people here. He has a good chance for 30 dingers this year. A little bit behind on the RBI's I thought he would knock in, but improving nicely. Moves to first base and steps up nicely. All of this and ONLY have to pay 7.66.

A nice little winning streak and now we are home for what 18 out of the next 23. Things will be heating up. Stay tuned.

I have to eat some crow on Cuddy.. He's had a good/great season.

Now is our time to make hay. Detroit and White sox playing the ANgels and Boston. Can our pitching hold up or improve?? IS Boof coming back and if, when?? We need starting pitching and if so, are off is good enough to give us 5+ runs a game.

Should be a intersting series coming up agst the White SOx in a week. Things could be really going then.