• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Let's see your boat

Chris Haley

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got her home from rigging last night (thanks grampa joe!). Got on the water this morning and can't wait to get out again. [img:center]ranger011.jpg

Really nice rig snowman - beautiful color. I see you are from BIg Lake - from the looks of the neighborhood, it looks like you are about 3 houses from where I used to live. I miss Big Lake - nice town - lots of fun lakes up there.

Just picked this up a couple months ago. Having it sit in the garage sure made winter last a long time, but I finally got her in the water this past weekend. It has a hidden storage compartment for the trolling motor on the front platform that will take a little getting used to, but other than that I love it.

Boat2.jpg

BoatRear.jpg

Originally Posted By: gregg52
Nice colors on that 619

Thanks Gregg. Yeah it sure is purdy when it's all shined up!

I have almost the exact same color combination on my tiller although I custom ordered the colors so it may be slightly different. Hard to tell from the picture to know for sure. I ordered the boat prior to it being a "standard" package, so maybe they got the idea from someone? whistle j/k.

Hey Craigums - it looks like you know how to catch fish - and that boat looks nice and clean. Very nice. That boat looks in great shape.

I'm glad you posted it - there's a lot more to fishing than fancy, big dollar rigs - (although they are fun to look at and covet!!)

Yeah we were constantly reminded last Friday on P4 that just because you have a fancy rig doesn't mean anything. There are some out there with fancy boats that don't know about respecting others or how to find their own spots.

Ok I might be the only person here that has a "Wards Sea King" Im a little bit embarrased putting it up against the Rangers and Skeeters but it floats.

2007_0602Image0117.jpg

2007_0602Image0118.jpg

Don't be embarrased at all. Had the same boat a few years ago and sold it. Was a great little boat for what it was. Can't go on big water, but it gets you out fishing for sure.

Hey fish guy,

Is that a new HD lowrance unit??? Drool, Drool..

On a second note. And for anyone who owns a G3, how do you like your boat? They are very reasonably priced boats and i would like to get an owners opinion of them.

Ok I might be the only person here that has a "Wards Sea King" Im a little bit embarrased putting it up against the Rangers and Skeeters but it floats.

%7Boption%7D

Sweet - Like the wirering Is that a 9.5 on that? I have a 14 foot richline with a 9.5 johnson that I learned to fish in. Now 30 year later my kids are using it to run around the lake. I had more fun in that boat then any of the others I have. This years project for that one is a new transum and get the old 3 HP Johnson working. Can't find a picture of it but if I do I will post.

Dan,

Yep it is a HDS-8, just put it on the boat. Playing with at home it seems really nice and it has some cool features. I will be able to network it with the 332 in the front of the boat which will be nice also. I will try to get on the water this weekend and see how it works.

As for the G3, I have the V185F and could not be happier with the boat. This will be my second year with it and I have not had any problems with it. I was able to find a hold-over so it was a great value. It fishes big water with ease, has lots of storage, and a nice layout. It will be even nicer with the new electronics, can't wait to get out.

Good guess Stratosman...Now tell me which island that is.. grin

Well, looks to be the one with trees and rocks, right next to the other 300 similar islands.... I have a sneaking suspicion that it's near to a laker hotspot...?

Hey Duff, you got it over at Dan's house getting a CCS skirt? I've known Dan and Karen for a long time.

Yep, just got it back yesterday. She looks sharp. It's a pleasure dealing with Dan at CCS, I also have a couple of his portage packs and enjoy the fact that I'm supporting the little guy and the local economy.

I'll post some pics of her soon, this might be the first time I'm not so antsy to get a skirt off. wink

Here is my rig. The son on the motor cost extra.

boat.jpg

Had a guy last opener sitting on my motor like that. When he wasn't paying attention I turned it over real quick. After he got done filling his pants he was laughing along with the rest of us. It was pretty dang funny.