• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Let's see your boat

Chris Haley

Hey fish guy,

Is that a new HD lowrance unit??? Drool, Drool..

On a second note. And for anyone who owns a G3, how do you like your boat? They are very reasonably priced boats and i would like to get an owners opinion of them.

I've got a G3 172T with a 75hp Yamaha. Just bought it this year (it's 08 model). So far no clamplaints. VERY easy on gas with the 4-stroker. Be trying it out on Winnie the 1st of June. Put the new HDS 7 with insight on last weekend, but haven't tried it out yet. Probably tomorrow.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2007 that I bought new last spring, hold over.

Hey PDOGG

How do you like that trolling motor on back? I have been looking at them and haven't been able to find anyone around here that has one.

Thanks

Hey Craigums, No need to be embarrased. It wasn't long ago that I was in my 12' 1960's Alumacraft with a '70's 9.9 Evinrude. I made my modifications to it, ripped out the benches and put in a plywood carpedted floor and two pedestal seats. I still have it at my parents house! I will tell you when I got over the embarressed feeling. I was fishing the big Metro Muskie Tournament in I think 2001 or 2002. I was on Bald Eagle and I landed my biggest muskie at the time and almost to date at 46"s. The part about it for me was when I had to flag down another boat for witness measure and signature. The closest boat to me was a brand new Ranger Comanche something with a huge Evinrude hanging on the back. After getting my fish in a hand me down 12'er verified by the people in that $40k boat and me placing in the top 10 that day put the embarresed feeling out the door. Be proud in having a boat, any boat!

Hey Craigums, No need to be embarrased. It wasn't long ago that I was in my 12' 1960's Alumacraft with a '70's 9.9 Evinrude. I made my modifications to it, ripped out the benches and put in a plywood carpedted floor and two pedestal seats. I still have it at my parents house! I will tell you when I got over the embarressed feeling. I was fishing the big Metro Muskie Tournament in I think 2001 or 2002. I was on Bald Eagle and I landed my biggest muskie at the time and almost to date at 46"s. The part about it for me was when I had to flag down another boat for witness measure and signature. The closest boat to me was a brand new Ranger Comanche something with a huge Evinrude hanging on the back. After getting my fish in a hand me down 12'er verified by the people in that $40k boat and me placing in the top 10 that day put the embarresed feeling out the door. Be proud in having a boat, any boat!

Very well said! It took me 48 years to get the boat I have today.

thanks for the reply.

How do you like that motor?

I have nothing but good things to say about the Opti-Max so far.

And Bus33 the Vantage is VERY nice I don't think I will ever be without one from here out. Only issue I have had is a steering shear pin break cuz I left it down and took off with the big motor. eek But it was any easy fix.

My first boat was a 12 footer that I copped from Father in law - and a 6 horse motor I bought for 125 bucks that rarely ran - I bought a small trailer for it - slapped on my FL 6 on the back and I was good to go. I'm a big guy and remember standing up in the back - pitching jigs in shallow cover - missing a fish - the jig flying out of the water from the set - and me flipping backwards out of the boat into the water...

Oh, the memories...

Just about ready for open water. LOW, Rainy, Winnie< ML and the Bemidji lakes are where it spends most of its float time--stop by and compare notes if our paths cross.

Hopefully the photo posts!

Yarcraft.jpg

LOL @ MM, at least you had a motor.. my first was a sevelor inflatable, and I sat on the back with swim fins... I was pretty weedless though, and rarely ran out of gas.

Yeah... me too Deitz. I actually had two different Sevylor inflatables: a 3 person and later a 4-person Fish-Hunter. It was a big deal for me to have those boats as a kid. Of course, I at least had a trolling motor (little 20 lb MotorGuide), which was better than a paddle...