• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bass Photos

bassNspear

I went out tonight to the same lake I went to two weeks ago (see prior post on my blog) hoping to connect with some bass in the float tube, and connect I did! I was fishing the slop using a Chatterbait and fluke. I had a hit on the fluke but didn't connect and the Chatterbait wasn't really doing anything so I tied on one of those pre-rigged plastic frogs and bang! Big fish on! I knew it was hefty by the way it was pulling me around in the tube. I got it in and it's this huge 'ol bass. It measured 21" long! Check out this slob!

P6110008.jpg

P6110011.jpg

P6110012-1.jpg

After my heart stabilized I took a few more casts with the frog, almost in the same spot, and slam! Another bass, this one was 18". I didn't get a photo because it slipped out of my butterfingers before I got a picture. I caught a few more bass too, a couple on the Chatterbait and a couple on a white spinnerbait, nothing huge but fun nonetheless.

Originally Posted By: carpmanjake
where in alex did you get those hogs!?
We were on Ida Saturday and Le Homme Dieu Sunday, I seen a bunch of carp out there and wondered if I might see you fishing from shore.

very nice! you were a day late so see me lol. i was out on le homme dieu on saturday.i was fishing off bug-a-boo. today we were fishing up in fergus

Fished a tournament yesterday with my dad on the Horseshoe Chain near Richmond, MN. It was a multi-species tournament with cash prizes for top 4 fish in each species and cash prizes for best limit per species. 375 boats were registered. My dad and I targeted bass and found a very productive pattern that ended up giving us a 1st place limit for the bass division!

To make a long story short, we drained just about a full tank of gas smile So, we moved, moved and moved some more to find our fish. With high suns and water temps jumping into the 70's, we focused on shade and over-hanging trees. Skipping Ogur Slugs was the name of the game and pounding the shorelines was the playing field.

We sorted through roughly 25-30 fish and only a few fish came off each shoreline... hench the draining of the gas tank smile When we got to the weigh-in I didn't expect to win, and it was even a worse feeling because I dropped the ball on two huge fish... one boat-side and another in the weeds... both of which would have rivaled the 4.86 pound big fish of the tourny... oh well, that's fishing.

Overall it was a great day on the water! We caught a lot of fish and I had the chance to fish a tourny with my dad. This was considered our Father's Day outing and we split the earnings smile

Here's a shot at weigh-in...

MJtournywinbass.jpg

Hopefully everyone had a safe weekend and had a chance to get out and enjoy the weather! More nice weather is on the way! smile