• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The story behind your, "Handle"

EBass

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my first name is Brett. Numerous times at jobsites people pronounced my name as Bert. Some co-workers then started calling Bert. Then, I grew a mustache, and co-workers and friends started calling me "Burt Reynolds." Eventually they settled on "Reynolds."

Wow this does come from way back!

Hydro for me comes from the fact that I have always liked fast boats. When I was kid, I raced hydroplanes in B stock class. My 9' hydro with a 20 CI Champion Hot Rod engine was clocked at 65 MPH. At 6" off the water it seemed like 100! My personal bests are driving at 83 MPH (avatar boat) and passenger at 114 Allison/Mercury S3000.

Here's my first fast boat. Note the exhaust, loud in the boat, ear splitting behind.

Hydro-5small.jpg

Learning2fish

Everytime I go out to fish there is always some little factor that comes into play. So each and everytime is like starting all over. Nothing is ever the exact same so i just gotta try and learn how to fish each and everytime. Sometimes i'm a slow learner and it takes me a little longer to catch on. But the main thing is i love it and wouldn't wanna be doing anything else!

Good luck and have fun. This was a interesting thread reading through about the different handles. Some pretty easy to figure out probably why and the next would of never guessed that.

After catching a 36 inch lake trout through the ice a couple years ago I decided to celebrate by mixing a few cocktails using Canada's finest, Wisers whiskey. The rest of the night is erased from my memory, but the 3 day hangover gave me plenty of time to think of my name.

A few years ago (ok, about 8) I got a crazy idea to start competing in triathlons. I decided to go big and signed up for the Ironman Wisconsin race (swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles, run 26.2 miles.) Completed the race in about 14 hours. And that was the last triathlon that I've done, thus I thought "rusty" was appropriate.