• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 Channel Cat Pictures

DTro

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is not much, but I have to show something to prove I am out and about fishing . Plus I was having fun with WMM today

It was slow on the MN last night for us. We started to venture and found what looked like a school of channels on the electronics. It was out in the middle channel, adjacent to a deep hole. We got the anchor to hold, set up with some 5 once bank sinkers I received from the Outdoor Pro store here on FM and put some cut bait on.

Here is what happened.

"> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Nothing much, but at least we did not get skunked.

Next time we will get into some fish!

Ya, it has been a poor year so far for the S.S. Shackbash grin

It seemed big in the strong current, until it got up to the boat.

Sill fun though, even if you get skunked!

I figure another video was needed!\

Edit note:

This was the first fish I actually seen on the electronics, that I can say was caught because of electronics. As small as it might be, it was a mile stone in my book! grin

man those lockport cats get huge don't they? My uncle and I went there on the way back from canoeing the Hayes River in northern Manitoba. Took our canoe out with a rock for an anchor, medium action spinning rods and 8 lb test. Got some weird looks but he landed a 35 and a 36 incher, and I got a 31 incher. Didn't have a scale but the bigger ones had to have been 25 pounds. Lots of fun, just ridiculous catfishing up there

After several unsuccessful attempts I finally caught my first channel of the year. The picture stinks but I had a blast. It was windy and the water was so high I was able to fish off what is usually a cliff and I really almost lost it hauling it by the line up to where I was but... Caught on my lightest line (WI)with the head of a bullhead. The glove is 12 inches long, fish was 25 x 14.

channel125x14jddg7.jpg

Here`s a picture of a cat caught a week ago on fox lake in martin county.Its just under 9 pounds.My motor took a c r a p on me or we would have caught a few more.We catch alot of 9-10 pounders out there and have a blast fighting them.My buddy caught this one on a salmo #4 hornet trolling 2.5 mph.Heres my buddy Greg with his cat.

Dans264.jpg

Dans265.jpg

A nice sunrise and the bullhead pond...

p4270025uk1.jpg

A surprise when using cutbait...

bass73108lm6.jpg

Finally what I was looking for. Just one but not bad at 26 x 15...

channel226x15aif9.jpg

channel226x15bkg0.jpg

Not the best pictures but the fish had a lot of fight and made for a good day on the shore of the lake. I have heard of a 33 inch channel being caught here recently so I will be back.