• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 Channel Cat Pictures

DTro

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice cats!

I went out to the Red River this morning even though it was 27 degrees out. When you have a day off work, there's no justification not to. Anyway, started off with cut Goldeye on two rods. Decided to get a third rigged up with nightcrawlers in case the bite was slow. As I was doing this I heard something hit one of my goldeyes. It hadn't even been five minutes and I landed this 35 inch northern (I know its not a cat, but it was fun!)

IMG_1189.jpg

Then it slowed down, so I decided to move to the mouth of a creek channel where it dumps into the Red. Got a hit about 10 minutes later that was screaming drag. Must have swam into a snag, because all of a sudden it was dead weight and I couldn't move it. Just tightened the drag and gave 'er a yank to break the line. Had a tough time after that. Missed a half dozen bites before I realized my goldeye cuts were too big. Finally downsized and hooked into a solid 14 pounder. Decided to leave on a high note. God I love the Red!

IMG_1191.jpg

P.S. My girlfriend already pointed out that my ears are goofy, so get your laughs while you can. blush.gif

Nice fish guys. Those Red Channels are some pigs. Well, i had to get on board. Gave it a couple hours tonight with KQ#1 and got this skinny cat. I would have loved to stay after dark, but 30 temps, with no sun light, it got cold. First open water cat 2008 for me.

IklT4H7w5T2f9gP9GP9pG69SGjReaz4l0300.jpg

Very nice fish you guys!

TylerS- Love the photos!! That Pike is something to be happy about IMO! I know they are in the river but don't hear about many being caught. My younger brother used to target pike all the time along the rip-rap with very shallow running cranks. He'd cast them parallel to the shoreline and work them along the rocks a few feet out from shore. Incredible results!

Shack- Atta boy!! Good photo too!!

Hanson, thanks dude.

If you liked my pic yesterday, this one should look good also:

oZfYAp0s4-6FAJkTw1whSJQHfaIR7xP00300.jpg

LOL, it has the color of a big cat, but it is small. I hope to catch it again in 4-5 years.

Since I'm in a trashtalking mood tonight... grin.gif

This is how you take over the leaderboard. LOL!

Double up on 18 pounders!

RR%20Chris%20Double%2018s%2005-29-06.jpg

I hear the theme from Jaws playing in the background.

Dah...da... dahhh..da...dah, da, dah, da, dah, da. grin.gif

(Disclaimer: Not a real entry. Just elevating the hype. grin.gif)