• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 Channel Cat Pictures

DTro

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kewl, now your on the board and on your way to being a catfish addict...like the rest of us.

Oh, I am INCREDIBLY addicted to the thrill of fighting a 30 lb Flathead. Now I'm just waiting until the Spring to find a 50 lb Sumo Flatty.

Anyways, I caught this monster today...just a beast!

P1010034.jpg

P1010033.jpg

This thing actually was playing my 7' MH Ugly Stik Catfish rod somehow and it was probably about 7" or so. He managed to hook himself on a 5/0 Team Catfish hook with a full crawler strung on.

Funny times.

Yes sir, that was more than likely us ... have you been to that area in the springtime by perhaps? We are both wondering if that spot is even fishable when the water levels are up

Oh, and those beavers sure are loud ... first time we heard them darn near had a heart attack! Thought someone was dropping bodies in the river! haha

LOL man thats exactly what I thought. Ya spring does rather well for us. Use the tributary well about the time I saw you guys out there about fifteen feet to your right theres a nice little hole that does well. You say your a muskie guy also. Don't be surprised to pull out a fifty plus incher while fishing that tributary in the summer.

More importantly, how deep does it get? By the depth of the banks, looks like it could get tremendously deep, but I'm assuming not that deep.

Have you ever fished 7 Mile Creek for trout? Curious, I'm used to heading out toward Red Wing for our trout runs, tried the trout ponds in St. Peter with little luck, and I just found out that 7 mile is a trout stream thinking about hitting it up next year ...

Ya it can get up to about 10 to 12 feet deep. It also can get a lot deeper then that. I've seen it all the way up to the parking lot. Most of the time its about 3 to 5 but only around 2 feet at the mouth. Muskies love it in there along with some big fat kitties. I have never fished for trout really. I've gone out about three times and never have any luck.

Wow man, that is intense! I never would have guessed the water got that high there! ... I guess I know where I'm heading this season for muskie then in the Kato area ... Man trout fishing is totally actually a lot of fun, I have a few secret spots in the Red Wing area that always provide some real nice fat Browns and up in the Boundary Waters I have found some gorgeous Rainbow ... it's really just a matter of investing your time, just like anything else, the more you put into something, the more you get out of it.