• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 Channel Cat Pictures

DTro

I think us down here (having the option of flats also) spend all of our time going for flats (or huge majority) on the MN, the Croix and Pools 1-4, leaving the channels second fiddle.

I have seen some huge channels caught down here (Bob Moore last season). Heck the State record was caught down here (in a cloud of question though).

Could one imagine if they just dedicated a whole spring, summer and fall down here to channels. I would bet they would be on top some where’s on the channel leader board. But!!! The flat lure gets the best of us and where and what do we set up for??? grin

Nice fish guys!

On the bonus bass, you would not believe how much that happens up on the Miss. North.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shack you have a point, I very seldom fish channels, and the only time I really do is when I run out of live bait. And I have done fairly well with them at those times. Ed fishes for them alot, and look how well he does for them! I think if one tried fishing a solid month of just channels he would pull out some monsters. They definatly are fun to catch!

There is not a good population of flathead near me so I only fish for channels. However I only can fish for about 4 hours a week during the middle of the day. I get skunked more than I get fish but it is still fun. I just got some carp flies so I plan on having a couple lines waiting for channels while I learn how to cast flies. It might make the most of my four hours during the heat, or at least keep me busy while getting skunked.

With flat fishing being slow lately, I have started to do a little channel cat fishing, and been having some luck. My wife caught a nice 10 lber last night off cut bait. I was fishing live bait and couldnt keep the gar off my hook. Darn overgrown baitfish wink . We had alot of bites and runs but never caught a flat.

nice sleek channel cat dtro how much did weigh? look good and healthy

Yes, they are really looking good again.

I think both of those were right around 10lbs give or take a pound.

Here is Chicago Nick with a one of his many ><,sUMo,> kittys from last week up at "Cats on the Red".

DSCN0035%5B1%5D.jpg

Here is another from Mike F Nicks partner in sumo cat hunting, what a brute Eh.

DSCN0046%5B1%5D.jpg

And the born again hard, Leslie..AKA..Da "Catwoman", with one of here many kitty's she took to task on the trip.

DSCN0050%5B1%5D.jpg

That's just 3 from some 200 plus chubby sumo kitty's put in the net last week in 2 1/5 days on the Red.

That's a heap of Kitty's...Eh!!

grin

OK, I just can't resist sneaking just one in of me too. A purdy Cokn'n Kitty.

DSCN0040%5B1%5D.jpg

September is sumo month for sure up North. Lots of good cat'n to do yet. I highly recommend a trip up to see Stu at "Cats on the Red" and hoist up some sumo piggy channels to remember. It's prime sumo time!