• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Worst Concert You Ever Attended

Ray Esboldt

Building off the momentum of the "The Most Overrated Band..." thread, what is the worst concert you ever attended.

I've been to some real stinkers, mostly opening acts - The Cult opening for Metallica, actually sitting through part of White Lion before AC/DC, Heart - girlfriends idea.

Guns n' Roses was hands down the worst. It was when they toured with Metallica. I believe I left after the 30 minute mark and I believe Axl was on stage for 2 songs.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there was a band that opened for STP, Lincoln Park, Staind and Static-x one year named spike 1000, they were actually boo'ed off the stage at the X, the only cheers they got were when they announced they were done.

I saw Marillion open for Rush one night (1985 or early 86) Not good at all.

I saw the Stray Cats at Riverfest one year, and that was a rough one. Setzer was good, but the sound system was malfunctioning it it seemed that they could not hear their monitors. The tempo kept speeding up and slowing down. They really tried their best to pull it off, but it just sounded bad. I walked over to a side stage and caught the local band The Speed Kings instead, and that was fantastic.

I got suckered into a Wynona Judd concert once because of my wife winning tickets. It was at the Target Center.

At least I was able to buy hard alcohol. I had plenty that night to get me threw the he11ish opener and then the main act. It was totally women ruled situation.

I have been to well over 50 plus concerts and rock festivals and this was by far the worst for me. Now for someone else it might have been great. I have been to some poor concerts and still had fun, but I could never get into this one and it drug on.

This was one of the first and only concerts I have been to, where there wasn’t an over whelming rush of pot smell when you walked into arena. I figured there would be. Even Garths concerts had the rush whiff of pot smell when walking into arena.

Kind of along the same deal.

Won tickets

It's hard to even admit that I went..........but

Richard Marx

The music sucked, but let me tell you at 17, swept up in a sea of screaming teenage girls (no seats back then) wasn't necessarily a bad thing. wink.gif

Also Great White was a downer.

Hmmm.... There have been a few in my years and I've seen quite a few shows (can't say I was ever witness to a Richard Maarx show, I can only imagine...)

I saw Cheap Trick (complete with the Neilsen character) at 1st. Ave back in 97 maybe? That had to be the worst... We didn't last very long at that one. I didn't think any band worth their salt could be that bad at that venue. It was brutal.

Give me some time and I'm sure I'll think of a couple more, but that one has to rank at the top. Old, tired, worn-out, no spirit, total lack of passion and the crowd..... oh boy... It was just plain lifeless (myself included). I thnk that was when I came to the realization I was getting old (maybe that's why I think it was sooooo bad!).

Two years ago a buddy calls me up and said he has an extra ticket to see Kid Rock at the Target Center, floor seats, the only kicker is we had to go check out the Vanilla Ice (yes he's still alive) show at the Quest first, where we would have VIP passes and get to hang out after the show backstage or whatever. My buddy knew Vanilla Ice's manager and has hung out with them a few times when they've been in town. I just wanted to see Kid Rock again so I took him up on it.

So we go to the quest and get our passes and watch maybee the first two songs he played and that was when Kid Rock was just about to start over at the Targer Center so he says to me "You wanna hang out here and go backstage after or go to the Kid Rock show?". Needless to say we left for the target center.

Kid rock played a great show like he has the other two times I've seen him (gotta love those Allman Bros covers), we parted ways, and called it a night.

The next day I get a call from my buddy saying: "Dude, I got a message from Vanilla Ice's manager last night, apparently when he was done playing at the Quest they were waiting for us to show up backstage so we could all go over to the Target Center and watch Kid Rock from BACKSTAGE!"

DOH!

So the worst concert and one of the best concerts I've been to happened in the same night.

Quote:

Allman Bros

I am not a huge fan of the Alman Bro's, but again I got some free tickets to a concert of thiers in/around 1999 or 2000. I had so much fun, I can not remember most of that concernt. Talk about strong pot smell.

Quote:

show at the Quest first

Another fun night I had was a free 93X/ Buck Cherry concert at the quest.

Quote:

Won tickets

Richard Marx

Oh no, no, no, no. Say it isn't so. LOL!! Can't think of any real bad ones that I went to. One of the best I have seen was Pat Benatar in 82 or 83. One, because I didn't have to pay to see it. I worked at the Duluth arena then. Also, it was a 99% male audience and she knew it wink.gif

This is a good thread and bring alot of memories back, like Richard Marx at the state fair and G'N'R/metallica at the dome(acoustics suck at the dome).

But the worst concert I ever attended and I'm afraid to admit it, was Milli Vanilli at the Met center.

Too many bad memories I think grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

around 81-82, totally woman-whipped, (I can't believe I'll admit this) I ran a real bad string of shows... Foreigner, Styx, REO, Journey, Loverboy, I think maybe even…… Huey Lewis and the News..... AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! With those memories I think I am going to need therapy!

I got one that may top them all. I saw ELO back in the day at the Old Chicago stadium, not only was the sound horrible (over amped and bouncing off every wall) but that was when about 40% of their show was pre recorded. Sounded like listening to their album with the volume turned up to max and cranking about 30% distortion thru the speakers and watching guys way too full of themselves lip sync. Ouch!

Windy

Worst concert might have been in 02 at the local middle school. I had my times mixed up and went to the wrong session which did not feature my nephew. Having forgotten to wear ear plugs the violins playing was extremely disturbing. I may have been wrong as there were several other grandparents there who appeared to be enjoying themselves. They might also have had their hearing aids off. Second place goes to a Carpenters Concert in the 70's the music was bad but the girl I was with was hot. wink.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Won tickets

Richard Marx

Oh no, no, no, no. Say it isn't so. LOL!! Can't think of any real bad ones that I went to. One of the best I have seen was Pat Benatar in 82 or 83. One, because I didn't have to pay to see it. I worked at the Duluth arena then. Also, it was a 99% male audience and she knew it wink.gif

It's funny TJ, because that show was at the DECC grin.gif

Ah, the good ol days of showing up early and everyone rushing the stage, just to wait another couple hours, sit through an opening act. In the end, just to get pummeled into the stage all night trying not to fall down and or lose a shoe.

Dont lie Dtro you know you have Richard Marx -I'll be right there waiting for you, as a ring tone. tongue.gif

Having to sit through Incubus opening for Pantera and Black Sabbath sure sucked.

Motley Crue sucked... but free box seats.

Dad drug me to see George Strait or maybe it was a Garth Brooks concert in the late 80s at the North Dakota State Fair. I was the only 13yr old kid with an Ozzy shirt there.