• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Plans this Fall

Scoot

Sounds like a tough season Scoot, you do have your priorities straight. 

My dad has been in the hospital the last week after having really bad bouts of vertigo last week.  They found an issue with some blood vessels in his brain that they had to fix.  Its been a long week and a half but thankfully he's headed home today.  He's still got some healing to do and more tests in a few weeks to see if they need to do another procedure but he seems to be out of immediate risk.  Now we're just hoping he's able to heal up.  SInce this happened his eyes have gotten pretty bad to point he can't read or see well enough to use a cell phone.  May be temporary, maybe be permanent, its a wait and see thing. 

I did go out hunting last week while my dad was in the hospital and having his procedure done.  I wanted to stay home but they wouldn't let me visit him anyways and even though he was feeling terrible he made sure my mom called and told me to go hunting.  

Ended up sitting last Saturday AM and PM in the rain and then Sunday AM in the wind.  No deer sighted either day.  Had a bear find my ground blind and attempt to redecorate it for me so that partially killed saturday AM's hunt.  Took some effort to get it huntable again but thankful I had it since it was a steady rain almost all day.  

5 hours ago, nofishfisherman said:

My dad has been in the hospital the last week after having really bad bouts of vertigo last week.  They found an issue with some blood vessels in his brain that they had to fix.  Its been a long week and a half but thankfully he's headed home today.  He's still got some healing to do and more tests in a few weeks to see if they need to do another procedure but he seems to be out of immediate risk.  Now we're just hoping he's able to heal up.  SInce this happened his eyes have gotten pretty bad to point he can't read or see well enough to use a cell phone.  May be temporary, maybe be permanent, its a wait and see thing. 

I did go out hunting last week while my dad was in the hospital and having his procedure done.  I wanted to stay home but they wouldn't let me visit him anyways and even though he was feeling terrible he made sure my mom called and told me to go hunting.  

Sometimes you just need to sit by yourself in the woods for a while.

I sat last weekend and didn't see nuthin.  It was a good sit though, I had a bit of leaf canopy and was the right way with the wind so I only got about half soaked.

Caught a lil guy with messed up antlers on the trail cam.  He looked more like a deformed caribou than a deformed whitetail.  I shoulda saved the pic, I just plugged the card into my phone and viewed, didn't save anything.

11 hours ago, nofishfisherman said:

Sounds like a tough season Scoot, you do have your priorities straight. 

Ended up sitting last Saturday AM and PM in the rain and then Sunday AM in the wind.  No deer sighted either day.  Had a bear find my ground blind and attempt to redecorate it for me so that partially killed saturday AM's hunt.  Took some effort to get it huntable again but thankful I had it since it was a steady rain almost all day.  

Hope your Dad and your hunting get better!

I sat on my dock for 15 minutes on Thursday night right at dusk.  That’ll have to do me for a couple weeks, maybe 3.  Heck I spose the next time I touch the dock should be to pull it out.

Still need to buy that turkey tag though...

On 10/2/2020 at 10:28 AM, hugonian1 said:

Anyone getting out yet ?

I am gearing up.

That full moon last night with the cold temps looked enticing. 

That full moon is killing the deer movement for me. I have missed 3 days of hunting so far and have seen maybe 10 deer. This year I have seen the least amount of deer in my 28 years of hunting Isanti and Chisago counties. 

On 9/8/2020 at 9:54 PM, smurfy said:

That old dog gordie still around?? I miss that guy on here. Say hi to him from Glenn. Last time I seen him was when he was helping sell bait on a fishing tournament our union sponsored 

Gordie is still around, not sure if he's on here. Hes doing good and loving the cabin life. 

On 10/2/2020 at 7:06 PM, bobbymalone said:

Sometimes you just need to sit by yourself in the woods for a while.

Very true.  Although I will say it was a harder than normal sit knowing my dad was currently in the middle of a brain procedure.  Maybe a little too much quite time by myself without enough distratction.  

Thankfully my dad is doing better now but still not 100%.  He came home on Friday after 8 days in the hospital but he'll have to go back in a few weeks for more testing and possibly another procedure.  He is also still having a lot of trouble with his vision which has been tough.  We're hoping it improves because right now he can't see well enough to drive, work, or even use his cell phone.