• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area' in the outdoors.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please...IF YOU WANT MORE LIKE IT HERE..'

Have Fun!!!

Catch Cover Sleeve Cut Height

What does everyone like for hole sleeve length? Right to the ice, 1/2 or 1 inch off?  Just a day fishing/run and gun rig so freeze in is not a huge concern.

Thought I would add that distance will vary slightly depending on cargo. I put two catch covers in my car! 

Posted (edited)

I am thinking you need some sort of drop down sleeve with that thing.  Maybe a sleeve within the sleeve.  Seems like it would get banged up going down the road. 

Not to be a Debbie downer, but make sure you've got some ventilation if you're running a buddy heater in there.  

Also, great toilet for your passengers when going down the freeway.

That is a sweet rig though. Good work.

Edited by bobbymalone

I'm thinking he takes them out to drive, that may be why he has them marked R&L on the top edge of them? 

14 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

I'm thinking he takes them out to drive, that may be why he has them marked R&L on the top edge of them? 

Well it should be pneumatic, obviously.

Do you have to drill holes and line em up?  I'm having a hard time visualizing an assembled kdrill having clearance.

Posted (edited)

So... now all you need to fab up is a rattle reel with a seatbelt end to use for your dead stick and you'll be golden! Very cool.

......searching C-list for used mini-vans as we speak

Edited by rl_sd

1 hour ago, rl_sd said:

So... now all you need to fab up is a rattle reel with a seatbelt end to use for your dead stick and you'll be golden! Very cool.

......searching C-list for used mini-vans as we speak

Rattle reel was put on the list early on during the build. 

Chrysler minivans with stow-and-go seats removed are a good candidate. Those compartments might even get away with the 9 inch sleeves readily available at FF.  Whatever you look at, check for obstructions.

The old CHEVY Astro van's with AWD would be a good one to get on and off of lakes better with.  And their not as high as a cargo van for the sleeves.

Edited by leech~~

On 1/11/2020 at 4:29 PM, elkrivermn said:

Have you tried trolling with a daredevil yet?

Don't think I want to straddle any cracks with my car..

I did drill/hole hop from the drivers seat this weekend, then got in back when I found some action. That worked great as the dead stick ended up being the better method. 

On 1/8/2020 at 7:25 PM, bobbymalone said:

Also, great toilet for your passengers when going down the freeway.

I pulled the R cover off at highway speed this weekend. It seemed to be a slightly negative pressure with only minor turbulence towards the rear of the hole. Could be risky unless you sit down and plug the hole with your behind, space toilet style. That would obviously present other risks, I regularly see roadkill porcupines in my travels. .  

2 hours ago, 1968 said:

Don't think I want to straddle any cracks with my car..

I did drill/hole hop from the drivers seat this weekend, then got in back when I found some action. That worked great as the dead stick ended up being the better method. 

I pulled the R cover off at highway speed this weekend. It seemed to be a slightly negative pressure with only minor turbulence towards the rear of the hole. Could be risky unless you sit down and plug the hole with your behind, space toilet style. That would obviously present other risks, I regularly see roadkill porcupines in my travels. .  

Just cut the bottom out of a 5 gallon pail and put one of those seats on the top.