• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help with smoked pulled pork

Hoffer

189 after 10 hours. smile foil treatment soon. smile

I usually foil it at the stall, or around 160 or so. Less bark, but more juice. You can always add some drippings back in from the foil along with some apple juice and vinegar or whatever you have around when you are pulling it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pulled and just put it all in the crock pot with a buncha Daves. Hopefully it will be better. Last one i did was just crock pot and yowzer was it good. After I put this in the foil for an hour there was a tablespoon of liquid. Next time will do that sooner. Good thing butts are cheap smile

As a side note: Once the butt is done, take the drippings and put some into your beans and pour the rest into ice cube trays and put in the freezer. Save the frozen cubes for future bean dishes.

As a side note: Once the butt is done, take the drippings and put some into your beans and pour the rest into ice cube trays and put in the freezer. Save the frozen cubes for future bean dishes.

Gosh... you would think those cubes would be worth tryin in a bloody marry.

I'm going to have to remember that idea.

stopped at a little jazz bar in Philly back in 2011 called TIME. on the menu was mac and cheese and the gal said it comes with a treat on top so I ordered it. Pulled pork. smile So I whipped up some mac and cheese last night and repeated this taste treat. mmmmmmm!

stopped at a little jazz bar in Philly back in 2011 called TIME. on the menu was mac and cheese and the gal said it comes with a treat on top so I ordered it. Pulled pork. smile So I whipped up some mac and cheese last night and repeated this taste treat. mmmmmmm!

I mixed pulled pork into my mac and cheese before, too. I don't why it works, but it does!

After watching this forum I just had to do it, so I picked up a 2 pack at Costco and decided at 12lbs of Pulled Pork should cover me.

full-1410-54180-img_1718.jpg

full-1410-54181-img_1720.jpg

full-1410-54182-img_1731.jpg

Even ended up with 2 cups of Butt Fat..........yeah I don't think I want this in my Bloodys.

I believe it is all fat. Either way more of just a picture........not planning on using the stuff. It ain't bacon fat! smile

From the picture it sure looks like only the light colored stuff is fat. You might not want to pitch it prematurely.

Thats not all fat.... thats got a lot of flavor in it....

I always use some of the drippings and add back in after I shred the pork.

Exactly.It will absorb some back in and keep it moist. I always add back until it's "just right". wink

7 hours on the smoker then 4.5 hrs in the oven now resting in the cooler looks good and smells even better. will let you know later on how it tastes!! It better turn out or I am screwed for graduation party crazy

I inject my shoulder with creol buttewr put a big rub on it, let it sit in fridge for 24-36 hrs, smoke ten hours aroun 180-200 degrees. let it sit in a roaster for 3-4 hrs, seperate from bone save dripping and seperate fat from juice, the top layer is fat in ur picture. take deboned meat an put in crock pot with juice drippings fro another 4 hours on LOW, take drippings again and seperate fat from drippings.

Now to really take in the flavor of pulled pork, dont add all the nasty BBq sauce except as a condement. keep the pork by itself, let folks add BBQ sauce if they choose, I use the drippings as a moister additive in the crockpot and as a aujurse sauce, basicaly you take you pork and dipp it into warm drippings or pour a little over it. hope it turned out.

Now to really take in the flavor of pulled pork, dont add all the nasty BBq sauce except as a condement. keep the pork by itself, let folks add BBQ sauce if they choose, I use the drippings as a moister additive in the crockpot and as a aujurse sauce, basicaly you take you pork and dipp it into warm drippings or pour a little over it. hope it turned out.

You got that right!!!!

The only thing I like to add is some red pepper flakes to the meat along with a tablespoon of vinegar. Then put some cole slaw on the bun with a heaping pile of pulled pork.

You guys are correct. Leave the bbq sauce on the side and let people add it as needed. Drives me crazy when I go to a party and there is pulled pork in a crock pot already drenched in bbq. You can hardly taste the pork sometimes.

Also agree that pulled pork with a pile of cole slaw on top is hard to beat.

Was going to bbq sauce on it but after shredding it and taste testing last night it will be left the way it is!! And the sauce will be on the side. First tim doing it and it turned out great I think. I like a little more smoke so next time it will stay on a little more. Wife don't like it that much smoke but its not for her