• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Phillip Nelson leaving Gophers

Scott M

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nelson likes to party... Without disclosing his name (you'll have to trust me) Nelson, DURING last season, sucker punched a friend of mine in the face.

The story goes:

My buddy walks into UofM late-night gathering where football players are present.

Nelson, in a blackout drunken stooper, stumbles down the stares, noticing my friend and calling out to the party "who the funk is this kid???"

My friend replied "umm, who are you?"

Nelson replied "I am (Philip Nelson) the QB of the gophers"

Being a casual football fan, my friend replied "oh I thought gophers got a new qb?

Nelson, with no conscientiousness of the situation or the harmless comment, then immediately haymaker punched him in the face.

The two were then pulled apart by other UofM football players in order to protect Nelson.

The football players involved begged and pleaded to my friend to not tell anybody about the incident….

But now that he is no longer a gopher and has committed assault AGAIN.. who gives a rat if the story is out!!!

Nelson is bad-news. I hope he pays harsh consequences for his second (I'm aware of) case of assault.

If RawHog's story is true, and I'm betting it is, it just shows why people shouldn't cover up for others. The whole "no snitch" trend that's going on lately is only allowing guys like this to continue hurt people. Now there's a 24 year old that graduated just days ago either brain dead or dead. If it were me that covered up for good ole Phil I'd be feeling very guilty right now.

The girlfriend is only 19...she was with him the whole night in those same bars.

I hope the bars are lawyer-ed up cause they are gonna get in on the spanking too. For sure gonna be a big civil suit against them. I am sure 1-800 axe gary has already called them.

Edit...

Cant believe Rutgers hasnt cut him yet either.

Simple question for those of you who know or understand the law...

Since Kolstad was the one who initially struck and knocked Nelson over from behind (all caught on tape)...why wasn't he charged with an assault or some other charge as well?

He's the one who actually took the verbal argument to a physical confrontation...yet he bares no blame for any of what occurred afterword?

Simple question for those of you who know or understand the law...

Since Kolstad was the one who initially struck and knocked Nelson over from behind (all caught on tape)...why wasn't he charged with an assault or some other charge as well?

He's the one who actually took the verbal argument to a physical confrontation...yet he bares no blame for any of what occurred afterword?

If that's the case, maybe they will. I doubt the investigation has been concluded. Regardless of what happened first, if Nelson assaulted a defenseless person lying on the ground, he is in big trouble, and should be.

Same here, so basically even if Kolstad did strike first. After that first punch he was a defenseless person so............yeah. Nelson is a DB....