• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Waterfowl Photos

WOW! Looks like everyone is having a great year! I missed opening morning due to moving but this is from opening sun. 3 mallards, 3 redheads, 2 woodies, 1 teal and a goose, with 3 others lost in the cattails. Great morning!

full-27880-37494-ducks.jpg

Getting the new shack ready for deer season and getting the main floor of my house put back together for mama before Nov. 9th. Rewiring, plumbing, new kitchen, 2 bathrooms and a laundry room are consuming a lot of my time. If I get out one more time before deer season I'll be happy. Good luck to everyone else for the rest of the season.

Took the kids out for their first ride along hunt last Friday afternoon. They had fun shooting the Red Ryder at some of the decoys. Nothing flying but this canvasback came along the shoreline and could not fly so I finished it off and the kids loved it. They loved eating him as much as the hunt. Maybe next time something will fly in rather than swimming in.

full-742-38602-canvasback_kids.jpg

Not so fancy in nodak. Broke ice to set decoys and end ended up with a bunch of scrubs. North wind tomorrow could prove eventful. All the the rain this afternoon/evening could make getting to a spot an adventure. full-283-38843-2013_11_0811.03.56.jpg

Bryce, if you're in ND right now I highly recommend you hunt fields if you have the gear for it. There's a lot of mallards in ND and they are feeding hard all day long... mallard limits in the field are pretty easy right now but only saw the one pintail and a couple widgeons (missed both) for bonus ducks.

Pictures from the extended weekend:

full-21118-38909-img_20131110_115046_895

full-21118-38910-img_20131109_153643_616

full-21118-38911-img_20131109_100220_946

Disclaimer... yes I realize we shot a lot of hens