• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Got a decent 8.

bltbowhunter

full-40841-38335-photo4.jpg

full-40841-38336-photo2.jpg

full-40841-38337-photo6.jpg

I got this guy hunting near my home in Elk River on Saturday morning. A doe came out at about 7:30 AM and worked her way across a field at about 70 yds away. She eventually worked her way back the way that she came from and I lost sight of her. About 20 minutes later this guy followed on the same path that she took. He was about 80 yds from my tree and made a scrape. I started grunting at him, but he didn't really seem to take much of a notice to it. After he was done making a scrape he followed back the way he came, but all of a sudden started to angle back my way. I think he was going to try to see what was grunting because he didn't follow the doe's path back to the woods like I thought he would. I didn't have a chance to range him, but I knew where my 20 yard shots were. I figured he was right at 30. I settled my pin on him and made a good shot. I got a pass through with the 2 blade rage and he only made it 50-60 yds before he piled up. He died right next to a big scrape that I haven't seen before. His neck was starting to swell up a bit, and his tarsal glands were smelling pretty "rutty". Up until this point, I haven't seen any rutting activity. He's not my biggest buck, but I was sure pumped to take him.

~Jeremy