• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trail cam Pic's or Video

There is no way to accurately judge that deer. The picture is awful. To accurately judge a deer you have to be able to see it's face, size of head, spread outside of ears, and would be great to get the full body in there to also help age the deer. By looking at that picture there isn't a person on this earth that can make an educated guess on tine length, spread, or mass. My GUESS of 140 is a shot in the dark, but I've seen many pictures like this only to get a better picture later on and realize that the deer is no where near what you thought it was... Even the angle of the shot can play with your eyes. Most people over estimate when visually scoring a buck.

By looking at that picture there isn't a person on this earth that can make an educated guess on tine length, spread, or mass.

Yep don't worry about it, they are just internet inches and we are having fun. Still think he breaks 150 gross. wink

Sorry about the quality. My dad checked the camera and didn't know how to email a pic to me. He took a picture of his computer screen with his cell and sent it via text......once I get my hands on the original I will post it. Going to hunt him this weekend.... Maybe I will post a pic of him and I together!

Do most of you keep picking these bucks up on camera daily,or do you see them just once and a rare while?

Seems like the big bucks wander a lot.

I see the big ones regularly, but certainly not daily. Seems like 1st week of Oct. or so, lost of new deer start cruising checking scrapes at night. For me, they seem like they are on a 3 to 5 day loop at that time. You never know when a good one will just cruise in for a day or so though? it certainly happens.

I haven't seen any pictures of the bigger deer I had on camera for a week or so. This is pretty common in the area I hunt. They always seem to come back once all the crops come off. There was a bean field close that has gotten taken off now so I'm guessing a lot of the deer in this area moved over to the cornfield thats a half mile away.