• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Prayers Needed for Close Friend

I usaly never ask for anything here but this time is a little different. My close friend Brad Savage was recently diagnosed with a couple different cancer's including lung cancer after finding a small lump on his thigh. I just fished with hin only a couple short weeks ago and he was still strong and healthy, he even out walked me to the fishing spot. Well in the couple weeks since I have seen him he has taken a turn for the worse. I just jot off the phone with his GF, she informed me that Brad had a pretty bad stroke Sat and can not speak. Hearing this brought me to tears, I dont cry ever!

A little about my buddie Brad. He is 35, a St Cloud Tech graduate and works as a welder for DCI inc. Brad is an accomplishedangler who has taken and realesed quite a few trophys in his life. He been an avid hunter/fisherman for all the 20+ years I have known him . One of the few people I know that would come running on a moments notice when ever anyone needed anything. Brad is also a very proud man who would never ask for people to pray for him, so that is why I am asking in his behalf.

Rick

It's hard to believe that we were out fishing with him a couple weeks ago. It was great to see him, It had been way too long. Thoughts & prayers are definatly coming from this family. I'm sure my mom told the nuns she knows to start working the rosary beads. He's a tough dude, he will pull through. Don't know what else to say except to get better Brad.

Tony

After having just gone through the cancer fight with my dad, my prayers are with him, his family, and friends. Make sure to spend all the time you can with him and talk about memories and experiences, its the best time to do it. Good luck and prayers, D&B

On 7/7/12 at roughly 4PM one of my closest friends pased away. Over the course of our 20+ yr friendship Brad and I must have shared thousands of hours together in the boat, I would gladly give all I have to spend just one more hour with him : He was one of the best true sportsman I had ever met, just a good all around guy imo. ( Through out his brief battle with cancer I never heard this man say one negitive word, he remained positive up to his final days. I am proud to have know this man and to have called him my friend. RIP old friend frown

On 7/7/12 at roughly 4PM one of my closest friends pased away. Over the course of our 20+ yr friendship Brad and I must have shared thousands of hours together in the boat, I would gladly give all I have to spend just one more hour with him : He was one of the best true sportsman I had ever met, just a good all around guy imo. ( Through out his brief battle with cancer I never heard this man say one negitive word, he remained positive up to his final days. I am proud to have know this man and to have called him my friend. RIP old friend frown
Sad to hear Rick. He went pretty fast. The book says "no man knows the hour" All we can do is stay close and been ready for what will happen to us all at some point. frown

Couldn't say it much better, although I didn't have too many hours fishing with him in the last decade. Many hours spent when we were young. Lots of good stories over the years. It is still a difficult thing to wrap my head around, it just doesn't seem real. I don't know anyone that he couldn't get along with & as Rick said, he was just a plain good guy. I too wish I would have had a bit more time him, but am very glad I was able to see him recently as I know a lot of people didn't have that opportunity. He will be missed greatly by many. cry Even knowing that it was coming still doesn't make it any easier. frown