• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

DOUBLE WHAMMY 2 WI 10pts Down!

B-man715

Well our Wisconsin opener turned out to be anything but ordinary!!

Usually myself and a few friends hope to take a couple does for some meat to begin the season. A nice buck seems hard to come by until the rut kicks in.

This year was a whole different story!

I'll keep this short; gotta get up early in the morning.

I lost my 80 acres that my future mother in law has let me hunt for the last 7 years. I have a few other private properties to hunt as well as a decent amount of public land in the area.

Looking at google earth I found a good spot of public land that borders a corn field. Some ground time found a beaten dirt path leading out of the public land into the corn. I figured it would be a good spot to take a doe heading into the corn before dark.

I took my climber into the woods around 2pm yesterday. Figuring it would be a fews hours or more until the deer started to move I was taken off guard when a small buck worked his way past my stand foraging on leaves. He was soon followed by 2 more small bucks doing the same. I thought that was the end of the action until I heard a fourth deer behind them.

I was already standing with bow in hand and caught a glimpse of antlers. The deer was 20 yards away, but I still had no idea of his size. He soon stepped out at 15 yards. I debated on shooting him, since it was only opening weekend and he wasn't the biggest deer I've ever shot; but work is again limiting my amount of time in the woods.

After a good shot on him and he didn't go far smile

An hour later he was in the back of the truck headed to the registration station when I found out that one of my best friends hit a nice buck too!

His didn't bleed much, though he made a perfect quartering away shot on it. He left him alone until dark and started tracking. By the time he found his deer (it only went 80 yards) I had mine caped and deboned.

We finished the night with a few beers and were very thankful for our time in the woods, and our time with friends.

I'm on the right and Nate is on the left smile

P1030692.jpg

P1030674.jpg

P1030685.jpg