• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tag Soup for Me

After a long season with countless close encounters and passing on "the wrong ones" I am going to be eating tag soup. (yes, I know the season isn't over but I won't be able to make it out.) I can't complain about not having the opportunity but I made the mistake of waiting to long to shoot one and ended up with some nasty tag soup. On the positive side of things I learned a lot of new things and picked up some new spots for next year. I can't wait til September 17th next year!

I have a collection of buck tags that I have kept and have come to the conclusion that I only fill a buck tag every 4 years. I am in the same boat on chances though I should have filled it on opening night on a wide and tall 7 if he would have been a 8 I wouldn't have even thought about it but you know the thoughts it's only opening day do I really want to be done allready.

I have a expensive collection of non. res. buck tags. And when I do use a tag the trail cams show me what I was missing out on afterwards. Best to shoot a doe or two right away just to take the edge off, if legal.

So far I have the rifle, bonus, and archery tag soup brewing. I will be out all day on Friday if I can make the hour drive. I'm not even being fussy, just one of those years where the chances don't present themselves. Here's to a lucky New Year's Eve.

Don't despare if there's no venison in your freezer. I just heard about this new thing on the market. Beef.

It is a meat-like substance that looks kinda like venison and is surprisingly good. Expensive though. frown Luckily I haven't had to buy any for quite some time though. smile

I have a collection of buck tags that I have kept and have come to the conclusion that I only fill a buck tag every 4 years.

I have been working the same pace for a dozen years now, lots of buck tags down the drain but that is ok because the trade off is lots of time in the woods and many great experiences I would have never seen had a shot the first thing that walked by.

3 years in a row for me of tag soup, but it is not for a lack of trying! I started bow hunting three years ago and I am not giving up. This was my closest year of success this year actually saw a decent buck, but too far out! 2011 is the year I can feel it!

Ended up filling my archery tag with a doe a few weeks back, as i didn't feel like having a complete tagsoup, my wife also shot a doe early on this year. I missed 3 different bucks 3 days in a row with my shotgun, one was a stupid easy shot at 40 yards, and the other 2 were a little tougher shots. Makes me mad thinking about it, but not much I can do, except maybe practice more with my shotgun, or just not go shot gun and use my bow? Also ended up acquiring some land to hunt just a half mile from my house, where there was a big booner hanging out before the rut, but seemed to disappear once the rut hit, and shot gun season started up. Looking forward to next year already!