• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1st Bow Buck!

vexilareye

Hey guys,

Shot my first buck tonight with my Strothers Infinity and boy could I not be anymore excited! Headed out to the stand about 4:30pm and got all settled in. The night was perfect. Wind was perfect, after it finally decided rest a bit, temps had cooled off and the sun was shining. Around 5:15 I decided I would take a chance and hit the horns. Did a 45 sec session and then a little grunting. Within a matter of minutes I heard a twig snap behind me. The buck was only 20 yards away over my right shoulder. As the deer moved closer I got my bow drawn back. He started to make a fresh scrape only 10 yards from my tree! Only problem was he was looking directly in my direction while doing it. Finally, after what seemed like an minutes, probably only seconds, he made a turn and gave me a perfect shot broadside at ten yards. I heard the THWAP and off he ran. Shot looked great. Maybe an inch high but with the angle should have been right on. Deer took off like a rocket. Ran about 50 yards and crashed! Within sight! I could not have been more excited! The deer is by no means the largest, just a solid 8.

Sorry for my soapbox, I am just too excited. I keep reliving the entire experience in my head over and over again. Bowhunting is an addiction!! I hope to have pictures to follow soon.