• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A big weekend for the Engel boys...

Scoot

My brother took his twin sons out in the woods again this past weekend. Along with my brother, I had done my best to hunt with them and tried to see that they got in good spots. This past weekend I was out of town for work and my brother took the boys up to our home town, Fisher. On Saturday night he got them situated in good spots- places Rod and I have hunted for over 25 years and the same places that my dad hunted over 40 years ago. Well... it was a tough night in the woods. A 4-wheeler came tooling through the middle of the woods not too long after Austin got set up and Erik didn't see anything for the night. But, half an hour after Austin watched the wheeler drive by, two does came right past him. He had one right where he wanted it, but he missed. Ten minutes later, the other doe came back in range and he put a good shot on her. The hit was a little forward, but still a good shot and she went down in less than 100 yards. Great work, Austin and congrats!!! This is Austin's second deer and we're very happy for him.

Austin.jpg

The next night found the boys and their dad up at my mother-in-law's place, where they've done most of their hunting this year. It was a very slow night in the stand, right until the last 20 minutes of light. A doe came past Erik and he made a good shot. Congrats Erik! This is Erik's first deer and we are proud of him too!

Erik.jpg

Two deer in two nights for a couple of young whipper-snappers-- not too bad! The whole family is very proud for them and excited about their success. Their dad, in particular, is dang proud of them.

That is awsome Scoot! Congrats to the family! I can't wait untill my daughter gets proficient with her bow and my 8 y.o. with his so they can hit the woods with me! Nothing like family bonding time in deer camp! Way to go!

Tunrevir~

Thanks guys- those two have had a really great couple of weeks. I went to their last football game of the season last night and got to watch them connect on a brother (Erik) to brother (Austin) pass to win the game by four points- was pretty fun for all of us!