• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Left Field

10,000 Casts

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MVP is a very realistic possibility for Delmon this year. IF and it's a BIG IF, IF delmon can continue this pace for the next 8 weeks, he'd probably lead the league in BA and RBI's. This is sports, it's possible, not likely, we shall see if he hits a wall that slows him down. (And I don't mean the left field wall, he'll run into that one for sure.) smile

Delmon just went yard for 3 more rbi's....

Good thing he's batting 4th, eh? Had to get that in for all that thought 7th was the place for Young smile No I'm not Delmon's agent, but I wish I was.

can't we just enjoy watching the guy rip the snot out of the ball and not debate where he should or shouldn't be batting in the order?

he's about as hot as a hitter can possibly be, let's just sit back and enjoy.

No more an epic failure than any other opinion/rant thread on here. Such as Crain and Cuddy bashing ones. When Morneau comes back healthy, Cuddy and Young will probably get a day or 2 off, with Repko spelling them. Repko should even get about 1/2 the time in LF to improve the defense there, while letting Delmon get his swings at DH.

What an epic failure this thread turned out to be.

Del-money baby!

The thread starter was referring to his defense, which will never be even close to being decent. So not really a failure. His bats came around, so what was looking like the 3rd worst trade in Minnesota sports franchises history, is now turning out to halfway be decent.

The thread starter was referring to his defense, which will never be even close to being decent. So not really a failure. His bats came around, so what was looking like the 3rd worst trade in Minnesota sports franchises history, is now turning out to halfway be decent.

UH...HUH....

I have to say...Delmon Young is by far my favorite Twin this year.

He is the hottest hitter in baseball right now and yet people still don't think he is the real deal. I keep seeing people wanting a trade involving Young and I just fail to understand that.

I have to say...Delmon Young is by far my favorite Twin this year.

He is the hottest hitter in baseball right now and yet people still don't think he is the real deal. I keep seeing people wanting a trade involving Young and I just fail to understand that.

It's called sour grapes

Trade talk is because the value for Young is at an all time peak.....higher value equals higher returns. If you believe he is having his PEAK season, NOW IS THE TIME TO GET VALUE FOR HIM. If you believe he is FINALLY growing up and working to improve himself....you don't trade him. There is one(or more) posting on here that thinks Cuddy should have been traded last year because of his higher value....he also wanted to trade KG early, because of his VALUE. If you follow that idea through....M&M woulda been traded also BEFORE their huge contracts....impossible to build a perrenial winning team that way. Cuddy and Young are 2 of the important pieces of our strong team., and therefore NOT ON THE BLOCK.

that was ugly. hopefully his bat will have made up for it. only problem with him dhing is what then do you do with kubel and thome? wonder if delmon would be better off moving back to right field where he used to play before gardy switched him to left?