• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Left Field

10,000 Casts

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pitching and defense wins games too, the Twins have plenty of bats.. Delmon can get 150 RBI but if our pitching doesn't come around, no playoffs for the Twinkies.

Exactly.

Plus you have to give up something of value to gain something. Delmons stock is at all time high and we can hide his deficiency's in every other aspect of the game with his current hot bat.

As much as I like Delmon he's definitely trade bait material.

We all know that his hot bat will only last for so long..

We don't know that, he could get hotter, and keep it up the rest of the season. And if that happens and we win the division. MVP????? wink

let's remember that Delmon has to show up this fall too! Can he keep it up at the plate? hmmmm... I hope so but I have my doubts!

let's hope a few other players decide to start producing and morneau gets his health back so delmon doesn't have to keep up at his current pace. kubel, cuddy, and mauer come to mind.

No doubt and another humble interview after the game. Other "plural" in this forum could take a lesson from him.

For the record I'm not saying trade Delmon but we aren't going to get much unless we give something up.

The Yankee analogy is laughable the reason the Sox have lapped us is simple PITCHING and we all know Pitching wins games and titles.

Young and Cuddy leading the team in On Base Percentage are carrying the Squad since the break and giving us a bit of hope. Now if can get the rest of the guys to contribute we may be in this til' the end!

Some how GARDY is workinjg his magic like no other time in his career like Peter Gammons stated last night on TV.

Go Twins!!!!!

Go Twins!

Young and Cuddy leading the team in On Base Percentage and average are carrying the Squad since the break

Now if can get the rest of the guys to contribute we may be in this til' the end!

Well a glimmer of hope. Our 2 best players since the break go 2-12 and the rest of guys crank out 17 hits. I know it's only the Orioles but it has to be a confidence booster for sure.

Anyway back to Delmon that pitch he blasted over the center-field fence was ankle high. I think right now he's the best bad pitch good pitch hitter in the game he almost reminds me of Ken Griffey with how smooth he looks right now.

On side note Gardy was masterful again with the make shift line-up Sunday. I'm sure if we had lost we would have a lot of hoottin and hollarin in here about how he doesn't know how to manage and that he should have left all the regulars in even though it's a 162 game season with lots of travel and most if not all have some sort of ailment along with 4 straight days of 100 degree heat in Baltimore. Masterful!

Go Twins Go Gardy!

when i come to the baseball forum and hover over the this thread, I laugh every time. A monkey chasing a football.....maybe even a greased football. Go read the first post again if you dont understand. that is one of the best quotes in a long time. i think of it on dang near every ball hit to left as well.

But I like Delmon and no way should we trade him. I would sooner trade Cuddy and we all know that aint happening. Delmon has too high of an upside.

I dont understand, why we would be trading either? They are both a big part of this team. Cuddy maybe making more then what he is worth, but that isnt his fault. They are both very good ball players, and there isnt too many players out there that we could get, that I would want on the team more then these 2.

I think the theory is we need pitching and we are looking at all options including some outrages ones like trading Young.

But yea I think you are correct and nobody other then maybe some prospects will probably be traded if at all.

what the heck, lets throw Delmon or Cuddy out there as trade bait and see what we can get.. We need a pitcher and Dunsing isn't the savior. This team is soooooo close to a run in the Playoffs and maybe a World Series, This is the year! Keep M and M and the rest of the team healthy and bring in a pitcher and World Series run here we come..

That to me is worth getting rid of a good player. How do you guys expect to keep Delmon around here anyway, isn't he on a 1 year deal?.. Back to being a small market team..

Bite your lip with Cuddy--- Delmon is the real deal as I have said on here for sometime (years). ( check the posts under a search) TRade Cuddy while he's still worth his weight with a few prospects for a chacne to win now. I know Cuddy is RF,, but I like REpKO out their. Cuddy seems to be to the TWins like KG was to the Wolves,, (kind of) but why??? The dude sucks in clutch and needs others to pick him up. (do a search of that also)-- alot like KG. KG is grateful to Paul Pierce and Ray Allen,, and especially MCchale. Like I said over 5 years ago,,, what will we get for KG if we don't trade him NOW???? ---- NOTHING!!! Selbastin TElfair?? (I got blasted for this on here)

In case you guys haven't figured it out, let me point something out-

I am not a Delmon Young fan, I am coming around because of his bat, but his defense still stinks up the place. Cuddyers play the first half also stunk up the place, but right now we CANNOT trade either player. We have Morneau woozy, and not able to play. OHud just went on the DL (surprise surprise) and we need able bodied players out there. They each are worth their weights in gold right now and are NOT expendable.