• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Left Field

10,000 Casts

Coach,

I agree...I just keep harping on the "agents" comments, because baseball isn't only about hitting and how Young "is a complete player" because it OBVIOUSLY IS NOT TRUE. Reminds me of "sales pitches".....I don't like them either. laugh

Cody,

Your examples of others that can play multiple positions is LAUGHABLE....Span and Kubel can play several outfield positions...not infield also. Tolbert, Punto, Harris, CASILLA , (HOCKING) ARE/WERE UTILITY INFIELDERS....NOT OUTFIELD ALSO, AND hOW MANY OF THEM ARE HITTING OVER .270, WITH POWER?????????? LAUGHABLE!

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach,

Punto, ARE/WERE UTILITY INFIELDERS....NOT OUTFIELD ALSO, AND hOW MANY OF THEM ARE HITTING OVER .270, WITH POWER?????????? LAUGHABLE!

Although not with power, I bet Nick could hold his own in the OF if he were put out there. He has ran down foul pops into the stands, dugout, etc before. Only thing he might find difficult is jumping and robbing HRs, he just isn't tall enough.

Coach,

I agree...I just keep harping on the "agents" comments, because baseball isn't only about hitting and how Young "is a complete player" because it OBVIOUSLY IS NOT TRUE. Reminds me of "sales pitches".....I don't like them either. laugh

I understand what you are saying, BUT if you can hit Major League pitching you are gonna get paid and big....Who knows if he can maintain an average around .330, but if he can, he's gonna get a hefty, hefty contract.

^^^^ BOX ^^^^

Maybe Delmon needs lasic or contacts. He seems to see the ball fine at 60 feet, but has trouble at 300 ft. It is entertaining though, the way we all hold our breath on every fly ball to left.

On a side note to the "best manager ever".... maybe a defensive replacement in left field in the 9th with a 1 run lead (from a couple nights ago). It would have saved your bullpen a few innings.

(que the negatrometer) Ahhhhhhh Gardy is a genius and he never makes mistakes and I'm just a rube who obviously know nothing about Major League Baseball and what it takes to get through a full season.

why? until morneau comes back, who would you put where delmon is currently batting?

I think as of yesterday Cuddy was 7 for 30. I guess thats better than 5 for 30. Might as well move him up.

Maybe stick Punto in that spot. He can't do any worse than .166 grin

Over the last 7 games: Cuddy was 9 for 31,,Young was 6 for 34. Don't know what Cuddy has to do with a left field thread though.

In case you missed it the question was whether Young should be moved back down to the 7th spot. Had nothing to do with left field.

Statistically he DID get the game winning rbi.....realistically he hit an EASY dp ball to third, that was dropped, picked up in time to get the force on Mauer at second. So if you are looking for something possitive for Delmon lately.....he got the game winning rbi. Now that his "agent" is back we can expect a little better from Delmon this series.....RIGHT?

and Cuddy continues to struggle in big spots. Only hit that has meaning in the last 10 games,,, hit after Delmon's RBI agst the Indians. Pressure off, Cuudy rocks!!! Pressure on,, Cuddy sends for help.

Seems as though Young may have the same affliction. Looks like his numbers have dropped since he was moved up in the order.

and Cuddy continues to struggle in big spots. Only hit that has meaning in the last 10 games,,, hit after Delmon's RBI agst the Indians. Pressure off, Cuudy rocks!!! Pressure on,, Cuddy sends for help.

Cuddy is a DP machine and can't hit with RISP. They need to move him to the bottom of the batting order where he belongs. What a waste of $

Cuddy is a DP machine and can't hit with RISP. They need to move him to the bottom of the batting order where he belongs. What a waste of $

Yep, I can see what you mean. Cuddy looked terrible tonight, only 4 RBI so far in the 8th inning!