• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mountain Ash Berry Eatin Pine Martin !!

During my bird search quests, I infrequently come upon something so totally unexpected and spontaneous that it defies my own logic! This morning at Lighthouse Point, Two Harbors, held one such experience. SonyA300, Tokina80-400mm, iso400,

1/100, f10, manual exposure, manual focus, cropped, increase in saturation, USM. Comments and critiques welcome.

Regards,

Shawn Zierman.

pinemartin.jpg

Beautiful, Shawn, just beautiful. The fierceness of the pine marten (all the weasel family species are mighty tough and nasty) is a direct contrast to the peaceful Asian watercolor feel of the foreground and background.

Likely a much more compelling and less common photograph than any avian image captured on the day.

One for the portfolio indeed! 2thumbs.gif

Sweet shot of a very elusive animal! I read about your sighting on MOU and had to wait impatiently all day for you to post it here...... smile

If he did not post I was going to email Shawn grin

I just love the color of the berries and the awesome facial expression of the Pine Marten.

Spend enough time in the field with a camera and great things will happen.

That is truly a wall hanger.

Absolutely beautiful! Not only is this an extremely rare capture on a very difficult subject. It clearly shows a much different perspective of a martin's diet! Seldom do we have the opportunity to witness a more carnivorous type creature like the martin eating things such as these berries.

Many years ago I was witness to a muskrat as it sat quietly chewing on the remain of a small brown bullhead. That really took me by surprise!

Once again, well done on a very fine capture!

my heart did a loopdeeloopo when I saw this image!! it's outstanding and sooooooooooooooo good!! you have captured him excellently!! I too, am envious of such an image!! while hunting last week I come across a martin, and grabbed my camera,, but alas,, I had the settings all kinkywompus after fooling around in my studio, and none of them turned out,, AAAARRRGGGG!! he stuck around for a while and poked his head from around a branch to look at us,, it would have made for a nice image,,

beautiful work!!!

Sue