• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Enjoyable Outdoor Weekend

Dbl

What a weekend for enjoying the outdoors! I spent the day fishing on Ottertail Lake(some nice fish for the pan), Saturday pheasant hunting, and fishing again on Sunday. I also spent Friday evening shooting some star shots which are scattered in a few different posts. If there is a better time to spend time outdoors in Minnesota I don't know of it!

I also shot some video with the 7D but I have a lot to learn about video editing, but when I get a workflow established what a fun addition to outdoor shooting that will be.

#1 My dog was very happy to get out and do a bit of pheasant hunting.

721994669_fpcMi-L.jpg

#2 My dad, myself and my dog. What a day in the field. This is my dad's first time out since he put his dog down this summer. Always a tough thing to go through.

721994803_kpE4y-L.jpg

#3. A nice evening.

721994950_tU4Fo-L.jpg

#4. None of the following three shots are black and white, doing a conversion did nothing for them. In fact other than the frame, crop and watermark these are straight from the camera as shot.

721995061_GuzTe-L.jpg

#5.

721995095_ozbTT-L.jpg

#6 Water reflection

721994509_TKfrs-L.jpg

Dan, you up on Otter Tail in Ottertail county? Catch anything?. Havent been there much this year, been a bad year for me to go fishing wich ended up with a broken prop and caput trim/tilt motor on my new (to me) pro-v

Thanks again for the comments! Jim thanks for the thoughts, yes that first time out without the dog is always a bit tougher.

Paul, I was born in Fergus Falls, lived in Underwood until kindergarten age and grew up in Fargo/Moorhead but all of my family is in the Ottertail County area. My folks moved from Moorhead full time to the "lake" just a few years ago. We have had a place up there for 40+ years.

Fishing was good, absolutely dead calm and temps in the low 50's...perfect!