• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lakescapes

I felt that title "lakescape" was fitting simply because I spend so much of my free time on the shores of Lake Winnipeg.

For the past couple of months I have been dabbling in the world of Neutral Density filters. I have to admit that it's been very educational as well as fun!

These are a few more of my recent captures from Lake Winnipeg.

The first three images were taken on November 2nd. All were taken using a neutral density filter.

IMG_0390-1.png

This one was right after the sun had set. IMG_0407-1.png

IMG_0439-1.png

The next series were taken yesterday evening a on different location on the lake. Once again the ND filter was put to use.

IMG_0482dcfv-1.png

IMG_0520fv-1.png

IMG_0515yh-1.png

IMG_0508xcvbn-1.png

Those are all awesome! I cant pick a favorite. I have never used a neutral density filter before, what do they do to affect the photograph??

Thanks all for the comments, glad you liked the series!

One major feature a ND filter allows you to do is to shoot under extremely low light conditions. For example, with the exception of the first photo, all the rest were captured after the sun had set. In some cases it was getting quite dark outside, as shown in the last photo.It was shot using a 30 second shutter delay. All were taken with the ISO set @100.

Wow, great shots, Stu! I'll probably relay the message via phone within the next week... wink I'm sure you're anxiously awaiting some snow and ice?

Thanks again all!

Yes Matt, we are very anxiously awaiting for the hard water season to get underway! I have a lot of progressive plans as far as our services is concerned and I'm really looking foreword to getting started!

The best time to call me here at the office is in the mornings.

(204) 757-9876

I was under the assumption that the primary use of an ND filter was cut down on the amount of light, so a person could use a slower shutter speed and therefore be able to blur moving water.

Your assumption is correct Mike. With the exception of #4, the images depicted in this series is a good example of what you are referring to. The 4th pic was taken with a 2.5 second shutter delay. On the other hand the last one was captured using a 30 second shutter delay.