• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery Hunting Photos

harvey lee

Managed to get out last friday between the rain storms. Sat in a new stand that I had hung the week before and had got some nice bucks on camera right away. Trail cam said that does were coming by everyday like clock work at 6:30PM and I had two bucks come one day at 9:30PM. So I had my fingers crossed that maybe the front would get them on their feet a little earlier. Well 6:30 rolled around and I was waitng for the doe to come out and suddenly she appeared 45 yrds out in front of me but was on very high alert. Being she was upwind i figured it must have been the wind that seemed to have her on edge. After watching her for a couple minutes and realizing she hadnt took her eyes off of this one direction I looked over, and to my pleasant surprise the 11pt I had pictures of was standing only 20yrds away from me. I didnt hear anyhing cause of the ground being soaked. I quickly grabbed my bow, drew, stopped him at 25yrds and made the shot. From the time I first seen him till I shot was less then 10 seconds! The rain moved in quick and not having the best blood trail anymore but knowing I had made a good shot, we backed out and walked right up to him the next morning. full-2453-37642-201311pointbuck.jpg

full-2453-37643-201311pter.jpg

Thanks guys!

I took him yesterday morning at 45 yards. He tried to duck the arrow but I got enough of him. The rage did it's job!

Just got word from my taxadermist and he came in at 134"

Nice job

My wife shot this button buck Saturday night, she's been bow hunting with me for three years now and hasn't been able to get a shot at one. This labor day weekend she broke a bone in her foot and has to be on crutches and in a walking boot, and with two little kids at home she was discouraged, that she wasn't going to be able to get out this year. I set up a ground blind for her right at the base of the tree where I had a stand in the last couple of years, right at 5:20 I heard her shoot. It might not be the biggest deer out there, but she was totally jacked up and I'm very proud of her. She ended up hitting it high in the spine so it dropped right there.

full-23988-37906-img_1296.jpg

full-23988-37907-img_1297.jpg

While the chances of getting my wife out hunting are about the same as winning the lottery, it gives me hope that I still might get my adult daughter to give it a try. I like to share these stories and photos with her and have talked about getting her a bow.

Thanks for sharing, Muskie Hunter. What a great story.

Congrats to your wife, too.

Thanks guys, I'm truly blessed to have a wife that wants to hunt. She never hunted before we met, all it took was one sit in a deer stand where a spike buck walked right under her, I can still remember the look on her face. My 3 year old son is already asking when I'm going to take him bow hunting, for the mean deer (Yeah he watches Bambi, so I tell him we're going after the deer that fights with Bambi "the mean deer").... maybe next year he can tag along.

Congrats to you and your wife. I'm with some of the others. There's no way my wife would hunt. She went with me once on a muzzleloader hunt right after we started dating. We didn't see anything. She was cold and bored and that was the end of that. The size of the animal has no bearing on it being a trophy. It is something she will always remember.

Congrats to her on her first deer. I spined my first deer too! Finally got the measurements from mine. Green grossed 135 6/8 and netted 128 6/8. What he lacked in tine length he more then made up for in mass. I couldnt get my hands around the beam on either side between his 2s and 3s.