• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery Hunting Photos

harvey lee

Ferns+20130923.jpg

Looks a little better in the full size panorama. I took a series of photos at a spot that I scouted through a couple weekends ago and stitched them together into a panorama. Looked better in person than in the photos I think.

Last night was my second time out this year, actually, second time out bowhunting ever. No deer seen either time, but it is a bit early for this spot. Once the corn starts coming out, they'll use these trails to go back and forth from their bedding areas to the fields.

40CF7990-8863-473E-8119-8666BFD91F24-163

Thanks Don and stick! Was actually bow hunting on public land with my climber stand and 2 hens with about 6 little ones just happened to be roosted 60 yards from my tree without me even knowing it til I seen them drop from the roost. I dug out the call after I seen them hit the ground, gave a couple soft yelps and 10 minutes later they were at 17 yards in front of me. Right when they noticed something wasn't right up in the tree, I slowly drew back to see what they'd do and this hen gave me the clearest shot and she just so happened to stop still right after I drew. Nice quartering away shot, in through the left wing and out right below where the neck and body meet. She made it 8 yards and tipped over. Didn't look too closely at the damage but I did slice her esophagus and I'm sure her neck, as well as a pile of various parts of the vitals that fell out when I was cleaning her. Took a pic of the damage but didn't know if I could post it due to forum rules?

What - your foodplot? All this moisture has been a blessing for fall plots. The greens look so lush next to the dried beans. Tons of food right now though - everywhere. Bucks really pack the weight on this time of year.

I didnt have a chance to do any fall plots my spring ones i planted are dead besides some very small clover, i really should have planted fall ones they would have lasted.

Went this morning and filled the freezer. Hunted 2 days ago out of one of my ladder stands and watched 2 bucks and a number of does taking another route along the same field. Snuck in early this morning and went up in the climber and took her at 18 yards at 7:15 this morning. Double lung. Trotted 60 yards and went down in the field right in front of me. Ended the morning hunt as the next deer coming out spooked from her laying there. First blood with the new bow.

full-178-37559-p7090351.jpg