• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery Hunting Photos

harvey lee

Thanks guys. Believe it or not, it was the shortest hunt of my life other then a deer drive. All I can say is that from the time I started to hunt him and saw him piled up it was just short of 5 minutes. The event took place the first day after the orange army went home (Monday) and he must have lost his "partner" or was looking for new one but at 10:25am my neighbor took this picture of me with my first ever 10pt buck. If you look at the field picture you can see he went blasting through that deadfall right over my left shoulder if your on a home computer where you can zoom in theres blood all over those branches. I was on my feet looking one way and I heard him to my left at 24 yards, pulled back and put the NAP Maxx broad head through his right shoulder and was piled up not from initial impact.

All fall I've been blessed to have an understanding wife and while I've been looking for work I've put several hundred hours in my deer stands. When rifle zone 249 ended I figured I was going to hang up the archery equipment and get ready for winter but when this buck came through the "hood" I'm now relieved to finally punch my tag and have something to be proud of. The last two years I've taken smaller but respectable 8's but this year my goal was 10+ and minimum of a 3.5+ yo buck. I used to have land south of me just for bow hunting and was "delisted" and no longer a hunting spot, which had huge bucks on that land. So by early October I was really back to scratch looking and scouting mid season of archery season with high hopes. This buck is truly a reward for my hard work and time afield, god knows I've moved more stands then one could imagine and risk falling several times just to get an upper hand on these majestic deer we call whitetail.

Thanks for the kind words and letting me stand on my soap box.

MR

P.S. If only Realtree could take a picture of the leaves behind me and make a suit to match we all would disappear in the woods, I strongly believe he didn't see me with that suit on and the wind wasn't in my favor.

I also have to give credit to photographer Bill Marchel for taking that picture of me.

I've killed my last three deer with the NAP Spitfire Maxx, it's been a solid broad head, doesn't deploy in quiver and shoots straight with my equipment. My other credit has to go to my brand new Bowtech Insanity, this bow shoots like a dream and has been so smooth and consistent for my shooting form (no i'm not sponsored by Bowtech wink but wish I was)

mr

Here's a pic of my 10 pt I scored 30 Oct. He came in all alone working a scrapeline. After I dropped him off at the taxidermist, I went back out to my stand and cut down the last licking branch he worked.... It'll be part of the mount.full-21151-26749-2012buck1.jpg

Yeah the smart old thing, she was slightly facing me and picked me off when I was drawing on her. I put the pin on the front of her shoulder, and just when I touched off she decided to turn and bolt. I hit her in the neck and my arrow angled down into her front shoulder. So that is the entrance hole, I shoot a menchanical broadhead (Kumasi) made by Fuse broadheads 100 grain and a 1 7/16" cutting dia. Have had very good lusk with these broadheads and have taken 3 deer now with them.

Got my first deer with a bow this morning. Sat down at 7:50 and let a stick fly at 8:00. Thought i made a bad shot. Waited an hour. More deer filtered into the woods. Had 10 does and 1 fork horn within 40-150 yds the whole time i waited. After an hour passed i got up, spooked all the deer out of the woods. Stepped off 35 yds to the shot. Nice blood. Arrow was 15 feet away. I watched the arrow fall out as she walked away, which is why i felt i had made a poor shot, but i was extatic to find the arrow covered in good clean blood. Followed the nice trail. Blood spilling out each side of deer. Pools of arid blood inticated a fatal lung shot. Oh boy was i happy. Then two fawns walked right up to me. Let them get within 20 yds of me for a good 2 minutes. No injury to them. So i spooked em off.i knew they were looking for mom. Found her shortly after. I bet she expired within 15 min of the shot. Double lung. Ended up being a great shot. Very happy man today. Here she is.