• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery Hunting Photos

harvey lee

Bigbucks...beautiful animal. wow!! This maybe a dumb question, but this is my first year hunting in wisconsin and I'm wondering what the metal band is on your bucks rack. Is this after registration, otherwise....I'm in trouble..I didn't get a tag like that when i bought my license? hmmm

Yes it's the registration tag. They come out, look at the deer, & put it on. My tag is the green thing you can see in the lower left corner of the one pick on the hind leg.

If you're not mounting it they notch the ear too. I think that's mostly because of EAB restrictions so three people can't register the same doe. The area I hunt in was EAB the first couple of years I hunt there, but isn't now. I guess I'd have been okay, even though this was the only deer I saw, you can carry EAB tags over one year & I shot a doe last year, but no buck (in WI).

Awesome deer! I don't know how you guys do it, this is my first year archery hunting and tonight I had my first sighting! Had 3 come in behind me and downwind. I was shaking like a leaf before I even saw them just knowing they were coming in (I could hear them walking in the leaves). I don't know how I'll ever pull off a shot! It was really exciting though just seeing them. They knew something was up at about 30 yards and one blew - then they all took off. I saw 3 butts and tails. It was great!

Awesome deer! I don't know how you guys do it, this is my first year archery hunting and tonight I had my first sighting! Had 3 come in behind me and downwind. I was shaking like a leaf before I even saw them just knowing they were coming in (I could hear them walking in the leaves). I don't know how I'll ever pull off a shot! It was really exciting though just seeing them. They knew something was up at about 30 yards and one blew - then they all took off. I saw 3 butts and tails. It was great!

Thats why we do it wannafish. The greatest feeling in the world. Your hooked now!!! welcome to the world of bow hunting. It will get easier though, I promise.

Ill never forget pulling on my first doe. I was shaking so bad I couldn't hold on her. Let it fly and she stood there looking at me. Put another arrow in and I couldnt even pull the bow back I was so shook up. it not like that now but the heart still gets to pumping for sure even at the sound of rustling leaves. Best of luck to your life long addiction!!!!

Welcome to the club wannafish...... a lot of folks think it is all about the killing/harvesting, but the truth of the matter is, it is all about that feeling of anticipation... shaking like a leaf with your heart ready to thump out of your chest... slowly turning.... ANOTHER squirrel grin but still fun all the same!!

wannafish2,

can't wait to hear what happens when you see a big buck, maybe you'll pass out, either way its a blast and can make a guy "mad" when you put allot of time and effort and blow the shot because you don't know when to pull back the bow.....not that I know anything about that!?... whistleblush

mr

Welcome wannafish2,

We have all had that feeling and its something we all keep going back for!

My wife started last year and it is just a cool to see her and her expressions when the hunt is over for the day.

She seen a huge buck this year at about 40 yards and could not get him to close the gap any, he was within 150 yards of her for almost an hour and after dark when she got back to the truck, she was still shaking, IT WAS AWESOME!

A picture like that makes a die hard grim reaper shooter do some thinking. Is that a Rage 2 blade?

yes it is! and guess what... i got a complete pass thru, even at 40 yards!

i would highly recommend the two blade rage!

i've shot every type of broadhead; muzzy, easton, rocket, and the shuttle T.

they ALL worked well; but Rage has worked the BEST!