• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery Hunting Photos

harvey lee

Matchset. I believe you. There are some real tanks in there! I also noticed there's a young lady with a nice buck in one pic.

I wish you wouldn't have blurred them out. I like to see the smiles on people's faces while holding a trophy. I guess I don't really understand why the pics are blurred? Would they get harassed if people knew who they were?

After a week of hunting hard and looking at a stretch of work the next 17 out of 20 days, this was it till next week, when I would be able to squeeze in a couple hours here and there.

Driving into my dad's this morning there's a 130"ish buck standing in the driveway. What a way to start the morning w/o even getting in the stand yet.

On a whim, I decided to grab a doe decoy and head out to the East food plot and sit in the SW corner stand again. This is the first time I've ever used a deer decoy. I set the doe up at 20 yds facing away from me, off my left side. I de-scented her and put a bottle of doe in heat urine at her back feet.

At 7:20, I saw a buck 60 yds out, south of me, cruising w/ his nose to the ground, I couldn't tell how big, but definitley a buck w/ that body size. I grunted and he stopped and looked but kept on cruising. I also can called w/ no luck.

At 7:40 a big doe crosses the food plot, to the north, about 100 yds out. She was walking normal and didn't appear to be in heat. 5 minutes later another doe and fawn follow the same route, but this doe is definitely ready for some love. Her tail was straight out the whole time and twitching.

About 8:15, I heard leaves crunching over my left shoulder, I'm facing east and shoot left handed. I'm in a cluster of white oaks and my bow is on my right side.

I look and see a small racked forkhorn. He walks between me and the decoy and I can't get a shot. I hear some more leaves and here comes another buck, a 5 ptr with a wierd rack. He follows the fork horn and kind of half heartedly chases him off. Then he turns toward the doe, puffs his hair out and lays his ears back, and struts over to sniff her butt. As still as it was this morning, it was hard to move my bow from right to left, as this cluster of trees is pretty tight.

I get to full draw and grunt w/ my mouth to stop him, as he's broadside, but he keeps going towards the decoy. Then he turns quartering away from me. Just when he is about to give her a sniff, I sent Easton 300 ACC tipped with a 100 grain Slick Trick, behind his last rib on his left side and into his right front shoulder.

He tears off to the north and is down on the food plot within 50 yards.

While he's not the biggest buck I've shot, he's a sweet reward after a week of hunting hard.

dsc01814b.jpg

It's just gonna get better and better, so keep after 'em!

Brian

Thanks guys!

That Carbon Matrix is SWEET!!! I'm lucky that my dad has a Hoyt dealership!!!

Just an FYI in case anyone is looking at one for 2011. They dropped the price a couple of hundred bucks and put a roller guard on it.

Looks like some colder weather starting end of the week, so I'm gonna get some honey do's done and get back out over the weekend. This warm snap has decreased daytime deer activity from what I've been hearing.

Brian

Finally scored this year. Took my first "double" ever on Wednesday, November 10th after switching back to the bow after the first 4 days of rifle season. Doe came by at 30 yards, shot and dropped within 60 yards. Watching in my binocs to make sure she was down and heard crashing behind me. A doe was underneath my stand already and closely followed was a small 8 pointer. I quickly re-nocked and drew and shot him at 7 yards. Double lung and dropped within 30 yards, between my stand and the other doe.

I actually ended up passing on a larger 8 pointer during the rifle season but given the circumstances with the bow in the hand and a chance at my first double I had to cash in on the opportunity. Especially knowing that my hunting time dwindles after rifle season.

Glad I did, my dad has been up since opener, sitting all day every day and hasn't seen a buck worth shooting.

Edit: Darn firewall won't let me add photo, I'll try again at home.