• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It was a good year

UdeLakeTom

GOOD YEAR?????!!!!???? They choked! I love my Twins. But c'mon, they blew it. save the "atta boys" for your kids little league team. These are professionals and they should be treated as such. Good year? NO. Entertaining season? yes. But not GOOD.

Agree that it was a much better year than most expected. Hopefully they build off of this but they've absolutely got to pick up some help in the offseason in a couple spots; particularly a rh 3rd basemen who can hit with power.

Starting pitching looks like we are in good shape and while our bullpen had some very poor stretches, we got a look at a few new faces towards the end of the year in Mijares and Breslow who look like they may be good and hopefully Neshek can come back healthy. It was interesting in who came first out of the bp tonight and think it's a sign to Crain and Guerrer that they better show some improvement if the want to play next year.

I agree.

The Twins gave me some fun in September that I wasn't expecting. I always enjoy watching the call-ups play, but I'll openly admit I didn't think they'd play a meaningful game after the All-Star break.

The team has some nads. They were just the younger team tonight. Blackburn pitched magnificently.

I thought it was a good year also. Some growing pains with having a young team, but did we really expect them to be here at this point in the season? The only real disappointment tonight was watching Morneau struggle. He was pressing way to hard the last week. How many times did he swing at the first three pitches? But still was fun to watch, can't wait till next season.

Maybe. With the look of the division they could just as easily slip to 4th place as well. This year was a great opportunity for a young team to do something great much like the '87 team did.

Well, too bad M&M flailed/slumped at the wrong time. The Twins team makeup is good and should keep them in contention.

It was indeed one heck of a stretch run and more fun chatting online than ever before. It was fun bantering with youz guyz + Windy ( but why did Commanche only show up today?).

Now, who's with me for the Cubs?

(Mud, don't answer that)

PS I HATE pitcher's duels!

Too bad it had to end the way it did. If Cuddy could've slammed AJ just a little harder... Great game though. Danks tossed a gem. I think teams will have a difficult time getting through the Cubs pitching staff and wouldn't be surprised to see a celebration in Wrigley this year.

I think they call them kind of people "Fair weather fans" They just come out when things are going well for their team. When they suck which was for a while in chicago, they just disappear into the woodwork.

Good luck to your cubbies. What are the chances of a all Illinois series or a all Californina series.

G.C.

9 times out of 10 AJ drops the ball. I thought AJ was going to toss a punch at Cuddy but guess he just had to be himself and show him the ball. Hats off to AJ for hanging on to it. There were a few plays that could have changed tides last night.

Great game, and I would say a good season. Blackburn pitched a gem, but hung one pitch to Thome and that guy will make you pay. Twins have some young talent that has a lot of potential. As a realist fan, I was hoping for a season like this for 2009, but we already had it so I think we will be contenders next year. But who knows, look what Detroit did this year. To say the Twins choked is rediculous. I guess the whole league with the exception of the world series winner are chokers...jeesh

I know this will get some heat from naysayers, but every year my expectations for the Twins is high, but realistically with all the other teams high payrolls, I always just hope they can be close enough to first to keep me interested all year long. They did it again kept us all involved all year. You can't say much bad, except they gave it away on the long road trip when they blew so many leads. I can't believe how good they did with all these young pitchers. Gardy (and TK in the past) sure do it right. Good season.

Was happy with the way the season turned out. Had them pegged to be a .500 or less team but they proved me wrong, providing many hours of entertainment over the course of the season. Still few things more relaxing to me than coming home from work, getting the chores done, grilling some vittles and sitting down to watch and listen to Bert and Dick call the games. That last 3-game Chicago series was about as exciting as any playoff baseball series could ever be. Just doesn't get much better than that. Thanks Twins! grin

I think the Twins had a great year. The natural let down agst the Royals after the sweep of SOX got to them,,, and the Royals are much improved. They just were too far behind and expended so much mental/physical energy to get ahead they had not much left. Justin was wore out,, Mauer needed a break also, but didn't get one from catching from Red Dog for at least the last 10 days.

Their bullpen let them down compared to Twins teams of the past.

I'am excited for the starting pitching in the future,,, wow did Blackburn ever show he's a gamer!!!

When you consider the teams in the postseason other than tampa,, the Twins do very well. no yanks, no cards, no mets, no tigers,,, the Twins as always get the bang for the buck.