• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bass Photos

bassNspear

Too bad the building behind the guy in the "tapout" shirt was only a foundation in the late fall and the river wasn't that high either, if your going to fish, make sure you know the rules and regs.

Bass fishing doesn't open till 5/23/09 and walleye, northern and lake trout open 5/09/09.

that was too funny, why people, why. i just don't get. atleast they could've said "we were out fishing for anything n these brown looking fish started biting" grin

I've been over to the rum river a couple times this spring and have seen 20" bronzebacks caught with 4 other hooks in their mouths. The aggressiveness of these pre spawn fish makes me thankful for the later season for bass and I would gladly wait an extra month to ensure there is something left to fish for. Even with the closed season I witnessed individuals attempting to sneak a few home in buckets. The excuse I encountered when "educating" these people about regulations was that they were just going to "take a couple pics with them together."

What really concerns me is that Mr. Spade mentioned catching a 27" walleye the next day that they took home and ate. His post was on the 4th and we already determined he was lying about this being last year, what day was the walleye opener?

Originally Posted By: Bass N Spear
thows are a few pigges, looks like the wacky rig is working for ya!

lots of people say they dont work well early, I disagree

I would disagree as well. Its a great bait when there up on beds and trying to hide out.

If you are referring to the black stripe along the side, that isn't actually the lateral line. If you look closely, it starts just behind the gill plate directly inline with the eye. It is a very thin, but noticeable line that follows the curve of the body back to the tail. It is faint, but visible.

Also note that bass can change the color of that black line depending on their mood. My aquarium fish will go from a nearly invisible line to a very well defined line several times over the course of a day.