• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bass Photos

bassNspear

Are the fish good to eat out of there? I have very little fishing experience on the river. Would love to give it a try. Where is a good place to lunch my boat?

Lets clarify this, Pool 2 which runs from the Ford Dam to the Dam at Hastings is Catch and Release only for Walleye, Sauger, and all Bass, the rest of the river up North is same as the rest of the state under inland water regs, From the Confluence of the St Croix South the river is open year round as border waters, If you have any questions check your reg book, I would hate to see someone get pinched because they heard on the internet it was open

these were pics from last years in the late fall.. I just join this forum a few months ago and never got a chance to post these pics up.. we also caught a 27" walleye the next day but didn't bring the camera to get a pic of it.. my buddy cooked it that very night.. but it was fun while it lasted that yr... thanx for the info but I know its illegal to target these before season.. we only fish for fun and don't really keep anything that we are not planning to eat... just catch and release..

Too bad the building behind the guy in the "tapout" shirt was only a foundation in the late fall and the river wasn't that high either, if your going to fish, make sure you know the rules and regs.

Bass fishing doesn't open till 5/23/09 and walleye, northern and lake trout open 5/09/09.

Too bad the building behind the guy in the "tapout" shirt was only a foundation in the late fall and the river wasn't that high either, if your going to fish, make sure you know the rules and regs.

Bass fishing doesn't open till 5/23/09 and walleye, northern and lake trout open 5/09/09.

FISH POLICE....weeeoooh, weeeoooh.....busted. Good times smile.

Was out tonight on a western metro lake trying to find some crappies. Caught a few but there was this 85 year old guy fishing from shore who caught a PIG of a bass. Biggest one I had ever seen. We measured it out and it came out to be 23" exactly. Didn't have a scale to measure how much it weighed but it was FAT! Any guesses on weight??? Of course we took a few pictures of it and then threw it back. The nice guy let me take my pic with it. If I can get it from my buddy I'll post it

Originally Posted By: Nilsfisher

Now that's funny! I'm hoping to hear a new Fish Police episode this week in honor of opener!

Originally Posted By: Slowhand
Originally Posted By: Nilsfisher

Now that's funny! I'm hoping to hear a new Fish Police episode this week in honor of opener!

i miss that bit...i need to hear some more GOOORRRILLLAAAAA and bustin some #%%holes

Awesome observation! Why do people need to lie! Follow the regs!

yea i live around anoka...i went down there to see how people were doing(for carp) a couple weeks ago and sure enough some of my buddies were down there catching lots of smallies, in fact they caught one 17-19incher in the 5 minutes i was down there. they tried to get me to go tag along but i told them i was set on crappie fishing on tonka.(those smallies looked really fun lol) i just have to much of a concious to target them out of season. no i didnt call tip because they are some of my friends but i still was upset...anyways i did really good with the crappies on 'tonka that day so i felt that it paid off to do the right thing..