• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

TWINS-SOX SERIES THREAD!

hamrej23

To be honest I'm extremely concerned about his well being. This isn't like him to just disapear even during the tough times the Sox have had recently.

Anybody have his E-Mail addy "SLED?"

UH, no.

If I was a betting man, I would bet that he feels all his talking did jinx the sox and he will appear as soon as the white sox win the division (talking about smoking cohibas and drinking champagne..so original, eh?) or he will wait a while longer if the Twins win the division.

Hes the kind of person that needs constant negative attention. (reason why he as a whitesox fan posts in Minnesota forums). Hes sitting back and loving how everyone is talking about him, 100% guarenteed!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This delay is an advantage to the sox as Detroit just wants to go home. The players had plans and they had to delay them. Now they have rescheduled their plans for early this evening and now the game is delayed until early evening. I don't see a lot of effort on Detroit.

I know the sox are scared as they ordered the rain.

G.C.

I just dont think the twins have another road win in em. They can do it and I will be rabidly cheering them on, but Im just being real. How terrible it would be to get beat and see Chicago celebrate on their home field in front of the twins...sickening.

One thing the Twins have going for them today is Danks is pitching on 3 days rest.

I have to say that was a sweet GS Ramirez hit yesterday, he knew that ball was gone the 2nd it left his bat. That was his 4th GS this year also, the kid is good.

Sure was nice for the Tigers pitcher to walk the bases loaded for Ramirez. Jeez, he should take an offseason job as a busboy the way he sets the table. Wasn't the only hit in that inning the HR by Ramirez?

Tonights game could go either way. The sox might have a slight hangover after last night's game. Let's hope the Twins weren't knocking back too many in the club house yesterday while watching the game. Blackburn with an extra day rest vs. Danks missing a day rest. I'd put the pitcher's about equal with equal rest, so I'm going to give Blackburn the nod on tonight's matchup. After the 6th inning it will all come down to the bullpen.

My feeling...Blackburn got lucky once against this lineup, won't be too sure about this time. Just have a bad feeling as they own us in thier stadium. GO TWINS. Either way we far exceeded expectations.

My thoughts exactly!

PETER PETER PETER PETER PETER PETER POSITIVE. How is that.

162 games played and still no winner. 1 game playoff to decide who gets to continue on to next step. Both teams have gone through a bad streak and both have responded when they needed a win to survive. Both teams were not supposed to be this position. Who will win tonight. Pressure on both teams and yes the sox do have the home field advantage, however it will not be much of a factor I do believe.

We have hit Danks well and on 3 days rest, we need to jump out early and often. The sox will be trying to hit dingers all night and that could hurt them.

Whoever wins tonight, good luck to them. I just hope it is a clean game with no issues on calls and such.

Thanks TWINS for a great year. A few ups and downs but overall a great season.

G.C.

Quote:
I just hope it is a clean game with no issues on calls and such.

I'd bet the farm that there will be some controversy in this game. Maybe even an ejection. These two managers can get pretty fired up at times.

But, on the other hand, maybe everyone will stay cool and calm to avoid a possible suspension entering the playoffs.

I don't think either starter will be around after 4. I think the White Sox get off to a early 2 run lead,, with the Twins knocking Danks out in the 4th. After that,, who knows,,,, but please,,, please ,, please,,, do not let BOOF BONSER pitch in this game PERIOD. I wanna see more of korecky, humber if it comes to that. I also prefer Jo Mijares over Guerrier.-- and Nathan has to step up and get more than 3 outs for a save.

Remember.. the pressure is on the home team in this situation,,, how sweet would it be for the Twins to pop the cork at the cell?????!!!!

PEg--- very true. A big reason why I think no starter gets past 4 innings. The WS have been lucky pitching guys on 3 days rest ,, Burehle like 3 times, Floyd yesterday,,, but I think the rubber meets the road today as the Twins lefties have done much better than earlier in the year agst lefties.

I think it comes down,, to Blackburn,,, if he can pitch decent,, not great-- get us thro 4-5 innings,, we'll be allright as long as Bonser stays outta the mix

Will be chilly at game time 58 with 65% humidity and a little wind. This definitely can hurt a dome team like us. Need fast start, have to get speed going early. Whities are slower than slow, cold will make them even slower and hurt the long ball chances. MVP candidates (M&M Boys) needs to man up and act like it. Blackey will give us 6 good ones. Then pray til we get to Nathan. My prediction Twins 5 WS 3.

All I can say is I hope Gardy has the clip of AJ after the Twins swept them recently and is using it for motivation.

When asked about the sweep AJ said, “Well in the end it will probably come down to the one playoff game on Tuesday and we’ll just kick their a$$ then”