• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gift for a new boat owner?

Carp-fisher

My stepdad recently bought a new Ranger boat and it his birthday is coming up. I'd like to buy him something for less than 35 bucks that would be a decent gift for a new boat owner. Any ideas?

Digital Scale if he doesn't have one. You can usually get one for around 20-25 bucks. One of those I items I alway passed on for myself because once I got there, I'd blow my budget on lures-reels-rods, etc. Finally my brother got me one for birthday-pretty cool.

Maybe a nice life jacket-match the boat color. My brothers and I did that for my old man when he got his new boat two years ago. Figured we'd get a set of 4 jackets with the same color scheme as the boat (grey/black).

A nice rechargable spot light w/ cig adapter for boat. and if he doesn't have adapter in boat their cheap at wally world. What kind of guy is he, what kind of boat, whats he fish for, does he like to keep a clean boat, or doeas he need more help organizing? these should give the other guys some help in helping you find a good gift for the price.

I do not know if they come with them, but a First-Aid kit would be a good idea.

You could also go the Big Box sportsman stores and get a little plastic tote that has suction cups on the back. It holds cell phones, lures, a can of pop (or two), G.P.S. and more. They are white and can be moved threw out boat. I like the option of hanging Cranks and buck tails from them. You can probably get 15 or so, on them. They range from $10-$30.

Good luck!

I received one of those remote jump starter's, saved me a few times when the battery was dead. Some other opions would be a gas card (already mentioned), Gift Card for a bait store he frequents...

If you want to stick with the Ranger theme, there are tons and tons of Ranger items on hsolist which would be under your price range - hats, maybe some shirts, stickers and decals, various other things too. And on Ranger's HSOforum they sell products, if you go under the accessories page they have many different options, as well as shirts and hats, that might make your price range.

Another suggestion for a glass boat is good boat bumpers. Ranger has some very cool ones that suction cup to the side of the boat, but on my boat they don't match up right with the docks. But there's lots of other good options out there, not sure about the pricing though.

I also like good dock lines. It's something I never buy for myself, but I like them.

And, if he doesn't know this trick yet, get him a cheap spray bottle with water and 10% white vinegar. It's awesome at removing water spots from a glass boat.

How about some buoys? (does anyone even use these anymore) Maybe a decent hand vac for keeping the boat clean? Some rod holders for trolling? Or one of these! I got one last year and it works great.

A fire extinguisher, a horn, some of those rubber things that you put on your keys to stop them from sinking when you drop them in the water, an anchor rope and chain, a tool kit, a decent flashlight, rope and stainless steel hooks

If he's like myself and blows his money on lures,rods,electronics and doesn't leave enough left over to get the small but necessary things like fire extinguisher's, first aid kits or a flashlight(all already mentioned). I would go that route. Or what's even better would be a personalized kit containing a few different items that would act as a "boat-warming gift" for the new boat. Effort and thought really end up shining through in the end (over the price factor).Good luck. The ol' man shouldn't be too hard to please. smile

If you have a few dollars left after you've purchased something, I think he might like a journal & pen in a water tight bag to log his catches: Date, time, location, species, weight, length, type of bait or lure and weather conditions, wild life sightings, etc. It's really a nice reminder. When you go back and read through it, it's easier to recall the fun!

If you have a few dollars left after you've purchased something, I think he might like a journal & pen in a water tight bag to log his catches: Date, time, location, species, weight, length, type of bait or lure and weather conditions, wild life sightings, etc. It's really a nice reminder. When you go back and read through it, it's easier to recall the fun!

im not sure if ur ol' ,am has a cabin or would be docking the boat much but one of the great things ranger makes for there boats are these custom bumpers. u'va seen the normal ones there look like white tube in a pill shape. well these ranger ones are slimmer and flat on one side so tjhey rest against the boat, they got a good roap to tie to ur boat cleats, and there is a suction cup to keep in stick to the boat. they als osay ranger on them and they sure look sharp